The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

**URGENT** FIX NEEDED FOR AUTHORIZE.NET SIM!!

The information below affects all merchants using the Authorize.net SIM payment method (hosted payment page) I received this email from Authorize.net a few days ago. What it's saying is that if you created some custom header or footer for the payment page that your customers see when entering their credit card info (for example, your store's logo, or some identifying information so that the customer is comfortable to enter their payment info), it is no longer displaying as of September 8, 2015. I spoke with a supervisor at Authorize.net who said that Ecwid would need to provide some new fields in the payment method settings where we could specify a URL for a logo in the header, etc and this information has to passed via the API calls provided by authorize.net.

The Ecwid team needs to address this immediately as it could be having a negative effect on merchants' sales:

Quote:
We are updating our systems to increase the security of the Authorize.Net hosted payment form, receipt page and email receipts. As part of this change, support for HTML tags, JavaScript and CSS in these pages will be disabled later tonight. This includes the use of links and hosted images. Plain text will still be supported.

Upon review, your account appears to be using HTML, JavaScript and/or CSS in one or more fields of the pages listed above. While the changes we are implementing will not disrupt your ability to process transactions, it will impact the format of the information your customers will see on the payment form, receipt page and email receipts.

Therefore, we urge you to make the necessary modifications as soon as possible to ensure your customers continue to have a seamless payment experience.

There are two locations to check for HTML, JavaScript or CSS: the Merchant Interface and the API configuration.

To check the Merchant Interface:

Click Account from the main toolbar.
Click Settings from the menu on the left.
Under Transaction Format Settings, check the following:
Payment Form
Click the Header link to see any text saved.
Click the Footer link to see any text saved.
Receipt Page
Click the Header link to see any text saved.
Click the Footer link to see any text saved.
Email Receipt
See the Header and Footer options.
If you see HTML, JavaScript or CSS in any of these fields, please delete it and then click Save.
If you do not see any text in any of the fields listed above, you will need to contact your developer or solution provider to have them check your API integration specifically, the following fields:

Payment Form
x_header_html_payment_form
x_header2_html_payment_form
x_footer_html_payment_form
x_footer2_html_payment_form
Receipt Page
x_header_html_receipt
x_header2_html_receipt
x_footer_html_receipt
x_footer2_html_receipt
Email Receipt
x_header_email_receipt
x_footer_email_receipt
It is possible to customize your hosted payment form including the font, text color and background color using API calls or settings available in the Merchant Interface. Additional information on these customizations is available in the Server Integration Method (SIM) Developer Guide, page 43, or in this Support Center article.

One important note regarding the changes described above. If you are currently presenting a logo on the hosted payment form, receipt page or email receipts in the header or footer, that logo will no longer appear. In order to present a logo moving forward, your developer or solution provider will need to send the logo URL via an API call using x_logo_url.

For example, x_logo_url=http://www.authorize.net/images/authorizenet_150_42.gif. Please note that this method will only allow for one logo to be displayed on both the payment form and receipt page.

Finally, please note that with this change, Simple Checkout will not support adding logos to the payment form or receipt page.

If you have questions about this notice, please call Customer Support at 877-447-3938. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Authorize.Net

Last edited by Mike C; 09-14-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
The information below affects all merchants using the Authorize.net SIM payment method (hosted payment page) I received this email from Authorize.net a few days ago. What it's saying is that if you created some custom header or footer for the payment page that your customers see when entering their credit card info (for example, your store's logo, or some identifying information so that the customer is comfortable to enter their payment info), it is no longer displaying as of September 8, 2015. I spoke with a supervisor at Authorize.net who said that Ecwid would need to provide some new fields in the payment method settings where we could specify a URL for a logo in the header, etc and this information has to passed via the API calls provided by authorize.net.

The Ecwid team needs to address this immediately as it could be having a negative effect on merchants' sales:
Hello Mike,

thank you for getting in touch with us and sharing this information. I will pass it to the Product Management team for reviewing.

Since these changes have impact on the design of the hosted payment page in Authorize.NET SIM, the negative effect may not be so crucial. Customers will still be able to buy from the store and pay the orders through Authorize.NET SIM payment processor. The payment page won't be branded, but the main function (payment) will be still supported.

I hope you will understand that adding some additional fields to the payment settings can not be made in one day, since they will be affecting not a single user, but all merchants using Authorize.NET SIM payment processor in their stores. The changes will require a thought-out design, programming and careful testing.

I will keep you posted on this matter and let you know, as soon as I hear from the Product Management team.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

Yes, I understand that the payment page will still function, but Ecwid should at least send out a newsletter telling merchants using SIM to at least clear any html or other code that they have setup in the Authorize.net settings for header and footer on the payment page. If they leave it, then I'm told that it will show this code as plain text to the customer. Seeing a bunch of HTML or other code on the payment page might scare a customer more than not seeing the store's branding..
Old 09-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Yes, I understand that the payment page will still function, but Ecwid should at least send out a newsletter telling merchants using SIM to at least clear any html or other code that they have setup in the Authorize.net settings for header and footer on the payment page. If they leave it, then I'm told that it will show this code as plain text to the customer. Seeing a bunch of HTML or other code on the payment page might scare a customer more than not seeing the store's branding..
Thanks for the suggestion! Your point is quite reasonable.

But if we should have sent such a newsletter, we would reach all the merchants using Authorize.NET SIM in Ecwid, regardless of whether they have customized the payment form with additional HTML and CSS or not. We are not able to detect the custom settings of the payment page as Authorize.NET, and for many merchants the newsletter would have appeared unwanted and useless.

Besides, we are not legally authorized to provide information about the upcoming changes in third-party systems and services, that Ecwid is integrated with, without their approval. I'd like to apologise again for any inconveniences that these changes may cause, while Ecwid doesn't provide a way to customize Authorize.NET SIM hosted payment form on our side.

I will let you know, as soon as I get any update on the case from the PM team. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
authorize.net, footer, header, logo, sim