Old 06-07-2020, 09:20 PM

MOBILE APP - "My E-Shop" app - Android app not showing extra.fields.orders TIME

Order.Extra.Fields is used by ecwid to capture date/time for scheduled delivery date/time for home delivery .... iOS App displays this field properly. The Android App ONLY SHOWS the Date (but does NOT show the time). For our restaurant short notice clients that's obviously a huge issue - and even bigger for us the ecwid reseller/Gold

ADDED SCREENSHOT: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j41nwTLjHPJdUqNcA

Last edited by Ready4You; 06-08-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4You View Post
Order.Extra.Fields is used by ecwid to capture date/time for scheduled delivery date/time for home delivery .... iOS App displays this field properly. The Android App ONLY SHOWS the Date (but does NOT show the time). For our restaurant short notice clients that's obviously a huge issue - and even bigger for us the ecwid reseller/Gold

ADDED SCREENSHOT: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j41nwTLjHPJdUqNcA

Hi there! This is Kenga from Ecwid Customer Care team. Thanks for your message.

As I understand, you're using a custom date picker on the checkout of one of the stores registered under your brand. And the custom date picker is created with the help of the Order extra fields (datetime type). Is this correct?

If so, there is a bug in our mobile app for Android: the time is not shown in the order details if the datetime type is used in the order extra fields. It's the problem of the UI, the time is stored in the database, but isn't displayed to the store owner. Our developers are working on the fix. Once they correct the date and time format and release an updated version of the app for Android, I'll get back to you with an update.

Please, stay tuned.

On a side note: please, contact our support team at support@ecwid.com if you have any problems.

Ecwid team
Old 06-08-2020, 05:22 PM

Thanks Kenga. The Order.Extra.Field DT/TM works and displays fine on the iOS apps.
It is the Android app.

Do you have a likely timescale for the fix being made available? Asking as we need to set up a short term workaround in the meanwhile.

THANKS Dan
Ready4You
Old 06-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks Kenga. The Order.Extra.Field DT/TM works and displays fine on the iOS apps.
It is the Android app.

Do you have a likely timescale for the fix being made available? Asking as we need to set up a short term workaround in the meanwhile.

THANKS Dan
Ready4You
Hi there!

Thanks for coming back to us. We expect the fix to be released next week. I'll notify you when we update our app for Android.

We'd appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Ecwid team
Old 06-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Thanks Kenga
Old 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi again!

To our regret, we couldn't release the fix on this week due to the internal problem blocking the release of the white-label mobile application. In fact, the fix is ready, but not published yet. We're working on the internal problem and trying to resolve it as soon as possible. We had to postpone the release of the updated version of the app for Android until we overcome the internal problem.

Hopefully, everything will be ok and we'll be able to release the new version of the application next week. Sorry that you have to wait so long.

Ecwid team
Old 06-19-2020, 09:37 PM

Thanks Kenga ... I see the ecwid branded App got updated (again!) yesterday ... and is now version 8.8.1 .... hopefully the App for Resellers will be updated to 8.8.1 and its new features and bug fixes, and not just to 8.8 ... (just saying!!)

Also surprised other resellers are not pushing for the bug fixes and equal features that THEY are paying for ....
Old 06-20-2020, 07:10 AM

Thanks Kenga
Old 06-26-2020, 03:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks Kenga ... I see the ecwid branded App got updated (again!) yesterday ... and is now version 8.8.1 .... hopefully the App for Resellers will be updated to 8.8.1 and its new features and bug fixes, and not just to 8.8 ... (just saying!!)

Also surprised other resellers are not pushing for the bug fixes and equal features that THEY are paying for ....
Hi again!

A minor update: we could fix our internal problem blocking the release of the white-label mobile application. So the fix for the initial problem with the extra fields is on its way. Since we roll out the update of the mobile application gradually, you may get the updated version of the white-label application by Sunday (in case if we don't detect any problems).

We will notify you after the updated version of the white-label app will be available to 100% of users.

As for your second concern about the update of the Ecwid branded app:

As I understand, you're talking about our apps for iOS. Let me open up some details of our releases published in the App Store:

First, we update the branded app gradually. This process may take up to 1 week. So 100% of users will be able to download the latest version of the app within 1 week. The release happens gradually so we could make sure that the app is stable. In case if we detect any problems right after the release has been started, only a small number of our users will be affected by the issue. And we will have some time to properly check the app once again in order to find what went wrong.

Once an updated version of the branded app is successfully published in the App Store, we start to release the white-label version. This version of the app is more stable because we've already checked everything while releasing the branded app.

Also, there might be a minor delay in the release of the white-label app because we always revise the app in order to make sure that Ecwid brand is not shown anywhere by accident, for example (and many other things). We need some time for that.

Hope my explanation is clear =]

Ecwid team
Old 06-29-2020, 07:45 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:

Hi there,

This is Andrew from Ecwid Team. I am glad to inform you that the fix has been released. From now White Label Android app will show the time as well. Please do not forget to update the app

If you have any questions please reach us at support@ecwid.com

Thank you for bringing our attention to this matter!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Torpedo For This Useful Post:
Ready4You (06-29-2020)

Tags
mobile app, mobile app development