The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:06 PM

Thumbs up Exited about the add product option in iOS app

I am Especially excited about the new but apparently still only partially functional product posting function on the iOS Ecwid app, but would say it still needs the option to have a post body, whereas for now it only has image and title and category, but no text editor due to the tiny mce plugin being incompatible (i assume).

Considering that i personally use the product editor something like a blogging tool and my products are heavily 'blogged' within the product editor using the text editor to write long posts about the product and insert both images and youtube and soundcloud.com embeds, the 'add new product' functionality of the iOS app is still not usable, because it only allows a title, category, stock amount, weight. Also if you don't add the image when creating the product, there is no way to add it later.

I really hope Ecwid can figure out how to make it possible to post products from iPad, because i have been trying on both Android and iOS devices and even a Sony Vaio flip touchscreen windows device, to no avail. I have spent literally many thousands of dollars on devices to try to find a way to sit out on the beach or at the lake here in Thailand and post products, instead of sitting at a desktop, but in the 5 years i have been trying to find a way to post in ecwid on mobile, .. well, still not possible.

With the new 'add product' functionality in the iOS app, i see a possible way that this could finally become possible, but as yet, this function of the iOS Ecwid app is still completely unusable, due to a lack of a text editor

It has been few years now since i first brought this issue up on these forums, saying how 'the future is mobile', but it seems we are not yet there as far as ecwid product posting is concerned. I really find it should be unnecessary to sit in front of a desktop to post a product. So i really hope that the new 'add product' option in Ecwid app for iOS is completed and becomes fully functional - well done for your efforts to begin this, but please keep on and complete its functionality
The Following User Says Thank You to Thailand Amulets For This Useful Post:
river (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:02 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thailand Amulets View Post
I am Especially excited about the new but apparently still only partially functional product posting function on the iOS Ecwid app, but would say it still needs the option to have a post body, whereas for now it only has image and title and category, but no text editor due to the tiny mce plugin being incompatible (i assume).

Considering that i personally use the product editor something like a blogging tool and my products are heavily 'blogged' within the product editor using the text editor to write long posts about the product and insert both images and youtube and soundcloud.com embeds, the 'add new product' functionality of the iOS app is still not usable, because it only allows a title, category, stock amount, weight. Also if you don't add the image when creating the product, there is no way to add it later.

I really hope Ecwid can figure out how to make it possible to post products from iPad, because i have been trying on both Android and iOS devices and even a Sony Vaio flip touchscreen windows device, to no avail. I have spent literally many thousands of dollars on devices to try to find a way to sit out on the beach or at the lake here in Thailand and post products, instead of sitting at a desktop, but in the 5 years i have been trying to find a way to post in ecwid on mobile, .. well, still not possible.

With the new 'add product' functionality in the iOS app, i see a possible way that this could finally become possible, but as yet, this function of the iOS Ecwid app is still completely unusable, due to a lack of a text editor

It has been few years now since i first brought this issue up on these forums, saying how 'the future is mobile', but it seems we are not yet there as far as ecwid product posting is concerned. I really find it should be unnecessary to sit in front of a desktop to post a product. So i really hope that the new 'add product' option in Ecwid app for iOS is completed and becomes fully functional - well done for your efforts to begin this, but please keep on and complete its functionality
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback!

Ecwid constantly evolves and there are many useful features to be added in future. We understand that the product description editor in Ecwid iOS App would be very helpful for our clients, however ETA when this feature becomes available can not be provided for now.

Stay tuned and you will definitely know when it's released.

Thanks again!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
app, ios, mobile, product editor