The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 AM

Minimum purchase

Sirs:

Is it possible to set a minimum purchace for a product?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 PM

No answer.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius Laidley View Post
No answer.
Did you try to search our forum for an answer as suggested in our Support FAQ: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/34938335/...mwhatshouldIdo ?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Qetzal

I did do searches, checked your FAG, trying to get the answer to my question.

To date no luck. You have replied to chastise me instead of pointing me in the right direction.

Could you show me anywhere in your FORUM and/or FAG where my question has been dealt with.

It is a very simple question, yet very important feature, "Can I set a minimum quantity to purchase for a product, so that shoppers cannot buy a smaller quantity"

What is the answer to that question?
The Following User Says Thank You to Flavius Laidley For This Useful Post:
Pantry Boss (06-27-2017)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 AM

You can set a "Minimum allowed order subtotal" in Ecwid control panel, System Settings → General → Cart. If you use a user-defined shipping method, you can set a minimal weight limit for it, so that the orders with a total weight lighter than a certain number cannot be placed.

The ability to limiti a minimum purchase per product is in our ideas base currently: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...uld-?ref=title . Vote for this idea to get this feature implemented sooner.

May we ask you to clarify or give an example, why is this feature so important in your case?
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 PM

Save Shipping
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseware and gift View Post
Save Shipping
If you want to set a minimum quantity to order can you not simply make them into packs?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 AM

Default minimum order

I've done this, but it doesnt work. i can still purchase 1 bottle.

regards

sandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
You can set a "Minimum allowed order subtotal" in Ecwid control panel, System Settings → General → Cart. If you use a user-defined shipping method, you can set a minimal weight limit for it, so that the orders with a total weight lighter than a certain number cannot be placed.

The ability to limiti a minimum purchase per product is in our ideas base currently: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...uld-?ref=title . Vote for this idea to get this feature implemented sooner.

May we ask you to clarify or give an example, why is this feature so important in your case?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM

If voting for idea would automatically bring a feature into life, Ecwid would already have all the possible features at once. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that.

Instead, we, the Ecwid team, develop the new features iteratively: we work on some set of new functionality at any single moment. Once we release that functionality, we then have to decide what to do next. We don't know exactly what a business owner overseas may else need in Ecwid, unless we ask that business owner. That is what the ideas base is for - we ask the current and future Ecwid users, what should we do next. Since the amount of Ecwid users vastly outnumbers the staff of Ecwid, and almost every of them needs something new in Ecwid, we cannot just develop the feature in the order of appearing - we have to prioritize them and make some features before the others. Hence, we need some way to decide, which of the requested features are more important than the others. That is why we keep the ideas base and the votes for them - votes help us understand that the feature is really important to this amount of people. More votes = more people waiting for it = more importance for this idea = we are likely to complete it sooner.

When something cannot be done with the current functionality of Ecwid, we ask people to vote for the idea about the new functionality required to accomplish their task. This way we can track what was really asked of us. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean that immediately after voting you have that functionality magically - we still have to develop it first. But once you voted, we know that the idea you voted for became more important in the whole lust of ideas, and when we complete it one day, you will receive a notice that ow you can use that functionality. This is why we ask people to vote.

However, the minimum ordering quantity per product can currently be achieved with a custom programming. A script can hide (or cover) the Add to Bag button and only show it when the value of Qty input box has changed and it is above 6.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:21 PM

Hi Eugene,

thanks for your reply, but what i try to obtain is to have a current functionality in ecwid to work normally ! that would help me a great deal already. i do understand it's not possible for you guys to develop any "nice to have" feature people can dream up.
but what am doing wrong that makes the minimum qty not work ?

as you can see i properly entered the minimum of 6 in Checkout Settings, but i doesn't show when you order.

regards

Sandro

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.