The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:48 PM

I've searched the forum but can't find this, so would appreciate your help...

I need to fix a sales tax rate for a particular product so that it remains the same, no matter where you are when you purchase it.

This has just arisen since we've run a photo competition (and I've noticed this in other international comps before) and I think it's required because the 'product' (as in the photo competition entry/the photo comp itself) is not exported, but remains here in NZ. All my tax codes are set up in Ecwid and rely on the country of the IP address in which the customer is purchasing the product - or perhaps the billing country. However i need to ensure it's a fixed amount of sales tax (GST) no matter where you are or where your billing address is based - can you tell me how to do this?

I looked at the product tax codes but it only showed me NZ and International options (the ones I'd set up before) - should I just set up a new code that covers everyone?

Many thanks.

OK, I think I'm nearly there; i set up a new Zone (as global) with all countries in it, then i set up a new tax rate for this zone, so it's the same as the NZ tax rate (15%). So all looks good, except when i preview the product the price has now increased. All our products have the NZ tax rate enabled by default - does that mean if you enable another tax rate at the same time on a product, it adds it on again?? or have i missed something obvious?
Thanks.

Last edited by Sergey; 02-13-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectplanet View Post
I've searched the forum but can't find this, so would appreciate your help...

I need to fix a sales tax rate for a particular product so that it remains the same, no matter where you are when you purchase it.

This has just arisen since we've run a photo competition (and I've noticed this in other international comps before) and I think it's required because the 'product' (as in the photo competition entry/the photo comp itself) is not exported, but remains here in NZ. All my tax codes are set up in Ecwid and rely on the country of the IP address in which the customer is purchasing the product - or perhaps the billing country. However i need to ensure it's a fixed amount of sales tax (GST) no matter where you are or where your billing address is based - can you tell me how to do this?

I looked at the product tax codes but it only showed me NZ and International options (the ones I'd set up before) - should I just set up a new code that covers everyone?

Many thanks.

OK, I think I'm nearly there; i set up a new Zone (as global) with all countries in it, then i set up a new tax rate for this zone, so it's the same as the NZ tax rate (15%). So all looks good, except when i preview the product the price has now increased. All our products have the NZ tax rate enabled by default - does that mean if you enable another tax rate at the same time on a product, it adds it on again?? or have i missed something obvious?
Thanks.
Hello,
I am very sorry for keeping you waiting.

As I understand, you have a certain product in your store and you'd like to apply a tax rate for this product only, at that the tax rate should not depend on customer's location.

It is absolutely possible to achieve in Ecwid. As I can see, you already setup the "New Zealand" tax, which is enabled for all products by default in your store. In order to achieve your goal you should perform the following steps:

1) Create new destination zone in your control panel > System settings > Zones page, which covers all the World. As I see, you already have the "Global - worldwide" zone.

2) Create a new tax for one particular product in your control panel > System settings > Taxes page, as I see you already created this tax: Global - same for all. You selected the "Global - worldwide" zone and set a tax rate for it.

3) Once the new tax rate is created, you should enable it for the desired product, you can do so in your Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > a product page > Tax and settings tab.

4) In order to avoid two tax rates applied to one product you should disable the "New Zealand" tax rate for this product. Please, open your control panel > System settings > Taxes page, click the "New Zealand" tax and uncheck the "Enabled for all products" checkbox. Save the changes. After that you should look through your products and enable this tax manually for all products, except the product with the "Global - same for all" tax enabled. You can do so in your Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > a product page > Tax and settings tab.

Please, feel free to ask if you have further questions or need assistance.

Thank you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendy For This Useful Post:
perfectplanet (02-24-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:14 PM

Thanks Wendy - it was the last bit I'd missed. All sorted now. Great help as always from the Ecwid team.
Cheers.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectplanet View Post
Thanks Wendy - it was the last bit I'd missed. All sorted now. Great help as always from the Ecwid team.
Cheers.
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback!

I am very glad to hear you could resolve it.

If you ever have any questions about Ecwid, feel free to find the answers at out help portal: http://help.ecwid.com or contact us directly.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
international, national, orders, sales, tax code