The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:40 AM

How do i change the front end theme design of my ecwid store?

How do I change the Theme Designer to my store? I can only CSS theme however I want to change the theme with another template. Thanks

Hi Ecwid support team

I want to know if it is possible to modify the Ecwid store design so I can put menus, links, etc, I am talking about the front end not the shopping cart. I don't have a hosting since I am planning to use the ecwid store and put my own domain.

Let me know if this is possible and where I can get these themes and add it to the ecwid store?

Thanks

Last edited by Stacy_P; 02-10-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Cortez View Post
How do I change the Theme Designer to my store? I can only CSS theme however I want to change the theme with another template. Thanks

Hi Ecwid support team

I want to know if it is possible to modify the Ecwid store design so I can put menus, links, etc, I am talking about the front end not the shopping cart. I don't have a hosting since I am planning to use the ecwid store and put my own domain.

Let me know if this is possible and where I can get these themes and add it to the ecwid store?

Thanks
Hello, Javier!

Thanks a lot for contacting us!

Generally, there are the following ways to change your Ecwid store theme:

1. You can use a ready-made template

There are three pre-made CSS themes in each Ecwid account: standard, red and beige. In order to apply it, you need to go to your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design. Also you may want to choose a custom theme, as there are plenty of solutions created by third party developers. For example, you can generate your theme for free using e-shopdesigner service or you can buy it at Thematizr Ecwid themes shop. All you need to do is to choose a ready-made theme you like and to add it to your Ecwid store in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design.

2. Create your own theme

You can create your own absolutely unique CSS theme for your Ecwid store. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is special language which will help you to define how each site element of website should look. Please, refer to this article to find out how you can create your own Ecwid design theme: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...83332#owntheme

We can help you to create CSS codes for your Ecwid store right here, on our forums. In this case we need the direct link to your Ecwid store and detailed description of needed changes. We’d be glad to assist!

At this moment it is not possible to add extra features or content (e.g. custom menu, blog, contact form, etc.) to your starter site. Remember that starter site is a one-page site with Ecwid store. It is generated automatically for each Ecwid merchant and can be used as a mobile storefront or if you don’t have a site yet. It is still possible to use the starter site as your main storefront, yet, there is no way to expand its functionality.

In order to do add some extra features to your site, you need to choose one of numerous solutions for building sites and run your own website. You have two options:
a) To use CMS (content management system) like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc. They require that you obtain hosting yourself.
b) To use site-builders. Usually they include some template to create a site and hosting in one package. For example, Yola, Wix, etc.

Quote:
I don't have a hosting since I am planning to use the ecwid store and put my own domain.
Please, find the instruction on adding your own link to Ecwid starter site in this article https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...dmystartersite

Hope that helps. Please do not hesitate to reach us out in case you need further help, we will be happy to answer your questions.

Thank you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css and site integration, themes