The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM

how to: Set different shipping, on different types of items, please read.

I have been using ecwid with no problems so far for a while now. But as our business grows we are selling more items. So here's our issue at present:

We sell items that can be sent normally through royal mail easy and as normal, but we also sell spray paint which has a UN number and HAS to be sent via our courier service. We have set up as best we can so far but the way it is at the moment is that the customer has to choose at checkout whether or not they have spray paints in their bag. We'd like it so ecwid knew that if there was any spray paints in cart that it must only be a courier service to save on any issues with customers and us having to request more money if they selected the wrong the postage.

Any help or advice on this matter would be much appreciated. If more details of what we need are needed please do ask. We'd like to resolve this as fast and as well as possible.

(you can see what i mean if you go to our site and add stuff to the cart and go to checkout @ www.redtailstudio.co.uk )

Thank you for your time.
Ben @ Redtail studio
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Ben,

Thank you for detailed explanation of your needs.

As you probably now, Ecwid allows to set shipping method to the whole order, don't matter what products have been added there. Defining shipping per category could solve this problem perfectly, and, therefore, I suggest you to vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ng-by-category in order to be informed when it will be added in Ecwid.

As a workaround, I suggest you to add fixed shipping rate for all spray paint that should be delivered by courier. In this case, total shipping cost will be calculated as a sum of shipping cost for all products except spray + spray's delivery cost.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Ben Hodson1 (06-12-2013)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
help please, help with shipping, issuse, shipping