The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:28 AM

Exclamation How setup categories hidden or visible depending on specified time/date

For I have bunch of categories which is calendar days "sun 19 feb" , "tue 20 feb" etc.
Each category has they own products. So when customer want to buy products from cat. "mon 19 feb" he can do that not after this date.

I can actually understand the logic. But don't know how to write down the script.

Example:
$categorydate1 - 02/19/2017
$date - 04/03/2017 (actual date)

if ($date<$categorydate1) then
div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath {
display:none;
}
Old 03-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Edward here, Ecwid Team. Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry, but there's no such CSS code that would be able to do this.

At the moment, there are two ways that you can set up something similar to what you'd like to.

1) The first method is to manually disable/enable categories in your control panel -> catalog -> categories -> availability: http://take.ms/ODY3v The downside is that you'll have to do it every day manually.

2) It also may be possible to create a bit more complicated custom solution for this request. The solution would work the following way: we'll implement a new feature to your store that allows you to select the category and date/time when you want to have it enabled/disabled. If you'd like, you can fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and our Customisation team engineers will be glad to help you develop the solution for an extra fee.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

If you have any questions — feel free to contact me.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, date, hidden categories