The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:23 AM

Ecwid product pages don't always show as secure in Google Chrome

Hi Ecwid team:

Our site VegOutBoutique.com has a valid SSL certificate installed & is built on WP with the Ecwid plugin installed. All of our site pages show as secure in the Google Chrome browser with the exception of our various Ecwid store product pages.

It seems that certain times product pages will show as "secure" & other times when you return to the same product page it no longer notes "secure" in the URL window.

I've attached a few sample screenshots showing the various URLs.

I realize that Ecwid checkout process is secure via https://, however seeing as we do have a site SSL certificate I would like all of our products pages to also show as secure to convey that all of our site is secure (& not just our checkout process).

A few sample links are below for your review:

https://vegoutboutique.com/shop/

https://vegoutboutique.com/shop/#!/2...egory=12307331

I look forward to your feedback. Thank you,
Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.16.12 PM.png
Views:	86
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	3607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.16.24 PM.png
Views:	132
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	3608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.16.38 PM.png
Views:	126
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	3609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.16.49 PM.png
Views:	126
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	3610  
Old 01-19-2017, 02:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Richard! Thanks for getting in touch.
Quote:
It seems that certain times product pages will show as "secure" & other times when you return to the same product page it no longer notes "secure" in the URL window.
I'm sorry to hear that! I'll be happy to help.
Quote:
I realize that Ecwid checkout process is secure via https://, however seeing as we do have a site SSL certificate I would like all of our products pages to also show as secure to convey that all of our site is secure (& not just our checkout process).
Yes, you're right, Ecwid always uses a secure HTTPS connection whether site runs on HTTPS or not. I took a look at your site pages (thanks for the examples) and found out why some of them have that green padlock which indicates a secure connection while others don't. I'll explain why this happens below.

First, I suggest you visit one of the pages which Chrome counts as "insecure" and check the info Chrome provides on the issue. To see the info, hit that letter "i" in the circle that appears instead of the green padlock. In the appeared popup you'll see the following message:
Code:
Your connection to this site is not fully secure.
Attackers might be able to see the images that you’re looking at on this site and trick you by modifying them.
This means the page is secure in general but some resources, such as images, can be compromised. Chrome allows you to see more details on the problem by clicking on the "Details" link under the message. Once you do this, you'll see another message:
Code:
Mixed Content.
The site includes HTTP resources.
In short, this means your site uses HTTPS/SSL but some of the resources added to this particular page use insecure HTTP protocol. For instance, it can be images added with HTTP URLs instead of HTTPS ones. In case of this page, Chrome points to an image with the following URL:
Code:
http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/gui/images/bullet-grey.png
As you can see, this URL uses HTTP protocol instead of HTTPS. I examined the page further and found out this images comes from the product description added to the product on that page. To solve the problem, you should replace that non-HTTPs URL with HTTPS one. To do that, go to the Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products and open the product on that page for editing. Scroll down to the description section, switch the description editor to HTML mode and locate the URL in question. See the below screenshot:

Once you remove that URL or update it with a valid one, the page will appear as secure in Chrome and other browsers.

Links on the topic:

Hope this helps!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
smartMart (01-24-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:12 PM

Hello Cyril - I greatly appreciate you taking the time to address my question in such detail. Thank you!

Your recommended solution worked perfectly & the once non-secure product pages on our e-comm boutique are now recognized as "secure".

Thank you again for taking the time to provide such a clear & concise solution.

All the best,
Richard
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard Jones5 For This Useful Post:
Cyril D (01-24-2017), smartMart (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Richard, thanks a lot for the update! I'm glad you sorted this out and that everything works as it should now.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.