The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 AM

I have a couple of issues that I can't solve. I've looked everywhere. Found many questions related to one, but not the answers. Please help. I have not published the website yet so I don't know how to get you screenshots.
Anyway,

(1) Store Front landing page - I have a 2 column layout
(A) The whole category grid is too far to the left. I need to increase the grid width so it's closer to the right screen margin. Changing the columns doesn't fix it and I stretched the product browser widget as far as it will go.
(B) The category cells are too close together. I need to increase this space. What do I look for in the CSS to change the space and make it wider between the pictures/titles.

(2) Shopping Bag widget - I'd like to put it on the left under the breadcrumbs. I know how to embed the mini bag code in an html widget, but it creates a separate iframe. I saw a work around to get it functional but now I can't find it.
Problems I'm having at the moment:
(A) The iframe. When you click on the "open bag" link, the cart pop up window won't open up.
(B) I can not drag and drop items from the product grid into the shopping bag and have it show the number. I can, however, click the product and "Add it to the cart" and then it shows that way (cart page only). I have the script that says "style=","layout=MiniAttachToProductBrowser".

(3) I'll use the mini-cart mini if need be, but what CSS codes place it either centered under the sign-in / favorites or along side of it. OR Placing it on the left under the breadcrumbs. (preferred).

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Last edited by Deborah Landon; 07-03-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:03 PM

Talking Store front margins Solved (1)

(1) IS FIXED!
The space between the vertical menu and the product grid is fixed AND the right margin problem is fixed. Thanks to the help of a member who posted their self-help solution to add <div style = "width: 190px"</div> to the product browser widget
HTML Code:
<table>
<tr>
<td style="vertical-align: top;padding-top: 140px;"><div>
<div style="width: 190px"><div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?[COLOR="Black"]YOURSTORE#[/COLOR]" charset="utf-8"></script>
that widened my right margin, but not enough.
Putting in the "search product" link widget over to the right margin in the root category description moved it the rest of the way.

control panel > catalog > categories > Store > install widget in the description box > place it over to the right.

I changed the left margin of the vertical menu to a -10 and decreased the menu width to 150px to give me the space I needed between the menu and the product grid.
Place this code in the CSS section of the control panel and adjust where needed.
Code:
table.ecwid-categories-vertical-table {
    width: 150px !important;  
    margin-left: -10px !important;
    margin-right: 50px!important; 
    margin-top: 100px !important;
}
Then to fix the space between the category pictures I adjusted the CategoryPerRow= number of the product widget.
HTML Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=4","views=grid(3,4) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style="); </script>
I still need help with (2) and (3) please.

Last edited by Deborah Landon; 07-03-2014 at 09:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah Landon For This Useful Post:
Raquel Rodriguez (08-10-2015)
Old 07-09-2014, 12:39 PM

Did you already found a way to fix your minicart?
I have the same problem here. I have embedded the minicart code into the html widget with the correct store ID.
It does shows up how it should be on all of the pages, But the number of added products stays on zero after putting an product in the minicart on the webstore page.
And when i click on the minicart wich i added through the widget. De minicart wil open directly over the content of the page where i opend it. And it still shows me zero products.

Did you find a way to link the minicart so it opens the minicart that is on the store page of your website(wich does show the amount of products) ?
Old 07-10-2014, 04:08 PM

Hi, sort of have it working.

Quote:
It does shows up how it should be on all of the pages, But the number of added products stays on zero after putting an product in the minicart on the webstore page.
As far as getting the shop bag widget to show the number in the cart, yes I got that working fine. I had to embed the product grid code manually for the storefront. Then I placed the mini cart widget in the main code like right after the <tr>

<table>
<tr>
<div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?5034100"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=attachToProduct Browser"); </script>
</div>

Quote:
And when i click on the minicart wich i added through the widget. De minicart wil open directly over the content of the page where i opend it.
Was this just on the store front page or were you able to open the mini cart on any given page?
That's one thing I'm having a problem with.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:13 PM

Default Update: #2B Add items to mini bag is fixed.

I had to add the mini cart code to the main product widget on the storefront page.

Please can anybody tell me how I can get the pop up to open up when I click on the mini cart widget of any other page other than the storefront page? Thank you in advance.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
category grid margins, mini cart, shopping bag, wix