The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 PM

thumbnail size in list view

perhaps I'm just missing it, but I'm trying to get larger thumbnail images in the list view.
See here:
http://www.uberwurx.com/store

I've changed the thumbnail sizes to the largest allowed, and if I look at everything in grid view, the thumbs look fine, but on list view, the thumbs are ridiculously tiny.

I'm pretty handy with css, so I suppose I could mangle the size of the table its in and the image with css, but resizing an image that small won't produce good results. Ideally, the size of that image should match up with the size of the entire product title/description/price block.

Is there a way to do this, aside from manually laying out the page and adding single product widgets all over the place?

Jason Ackerman
Uberwurx | Precision Driven™
www.uberwurx.com/store
Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberwurx Precision Driven View Post
perhaps I'm just missing it, but I'm trying to get larger thumbnail images in the list view.
See here:
http://www.uberwurx.com/store

I've changed the thumbnail sizes to the largest allowed, and if I look at everything in grid view, the thumbs look fine, but on list view, the thumbs are ridiculously tiny.

I'm pretty handy with css, so I suppose I could mangle the size of the table its in and the image with css, but resizing an image that small won't produce good results. Ideally, the size of that image should match up with the size of the entire product title/description/price block.

Is there a way to do this, aside from manually laying out the page and adding single product widgets all over the place?

Jason Ackerman
Uberwurx | Precision Driven™
www.uberwurx.com/store
Currently on the list view all thumbnails have 80px height. It isn't possible to change this value for now.

We will improve this behavior.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 01-06-2010, 06:11 PM

ok, thank you.

I understand the limitation, since you're generating a table. But I wonder if the list view was generated as floating divs, if you could allow an option to specify the widths of those 2 space, in percentage. You would of course, have to make sure the 2 percentages always add up to 100 just to keep things consistent.

Then the only hassle would be choosing the correct thumbnail size to fill the specified area...

Hmm. I haven't thought this all the way through, but I'm sure your development team is sharp enough to come up with something! Until then, I'll probably have to manually lay out the page with individual product widgets.

Thanks again
--jason
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM

So this brings up another issue- see my store here: http://www.uberwurx.com/store - went ahead and laid out the page by hand, using the product widgets. Not ideal, but it will suffice for now as there are only 7 products.

When I add products to the bag, then open the bag, then CLEAR the bag, then continue shopping, it opens the grid viewer in the pop-over.

Is there any way to make sure that the user always goes back to the main page, as opposed to having the entire store duplicated in the pop-over area?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
ok, thank you.

I understand the limitation, since you're generating a table. But I wonder if the list view was generated as floating divs, if you could allow an option to specify the widths of those 2 space, in percentage. You would of course, have to make sure the 2 percentages always add up to 100 just to keep things consistent.

Then the only hassle would be choosing the correct thumbnail size to fill the specified area...

Hmm. I haven't thought this all the way through, but I'm sure your development team is sharp enough to come up with something! Until then, I'll probably have to manually lay out the page with individual product widgets.

Thanks again
--jason
If the list view was generated as floating divs, it may cause issues with some doctypes and browsers unfortunately.

We will think on how to improve the behavior of such icons to make everybody happy.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
So this brings up another issue- see my store here: http://www.uberwurx.com/store - went ahead and laid out the page by hand, using the product widgets. Not ideal, but it will suffice for now as there are only 7 products.

When I add products to the bag, then open the bag, then CLEAR the bag, then continue shopping, it opens the grid viewer in the pop-over.

Is there any way to make sure that the user always goes back to the main page, as opposed to having the entire store duplicated in the pop-over area?
1. It is possible to remove this popup window using this option: http://kb.ecwid.com/ecwid_ProductBrowserURL

2. Also you can hide the "Continue shopping" button, so your customers will just close the popup.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Just wondering if anything has progressed with this feature. We would also like to have larger thumbnails in the list view...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bourassa View Post
Just wondering if anything has progressed with this feature. We would also like to have larger thumbnails in the list view...
This feature is on our road-map, but we haven’t implemented it yet.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Default Me too!

I would welcome this ability as well. They are very small in list view.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Lynn View Post
I would welcome this ability as well. They are very small in list view.
Thank you for the suggestion, Sara. This feature is already in our TO-DO list. Every day we work on Ecwid improvement following the schedule and we do our best to make adjustments asap. However we can’t promise that this feature will be implemented quite fast, but we’ll make it.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
image, list view, size, thumbnail, widget