The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM

VIDEO PREVIEW BEST FORMAT?

So, trying to offer videos for donation for a cause: my dog Maddie needs an expensive knee brace.
Figured out how to link to my Youtube uploads. But when pasting in the link to show a preview, only so many formats are available and only a few work anyway. Quicktime works, so I insert that into my store preview. Now, I come to find out that people viewing my store get a message: "Must have Quicktime to view this." Anyway around this? A more universal format that would work in my store? Maybe I should try Dropbox with an MP4?
It could be the audio files that get the message, have to ask. Anyway, check my store on FB, see what you get.

Thanks for any help,

Marty

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maddie-Needs-a-Knee-Brace/554459471240049?id=554459471240049&sk=app_25145831 6228
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Watt View Post
So, trying to offer videos for donation for a cause: my dog Maddie needs an expensive knee brace.
Figured out how to link to my Youtube uploads. But when pasting in the link to show a preview, only so many formats are available and only a few work anyway. Quicktime works, so I insert that into my store preview. Now, I come to find out that people viewing my store get a message: "Must have Quicktime to view this." Anyway around this? A more universal format that would work in my store? Maybe I should try Dropbox with an MP4?
It could be the audio files that get the message, have to ask. Anyway, check my store on FB, see what you get.

Thanks for any help,

Marty

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maddie-Needs-a-Knee-Brace/554459471240049?id=554459471240049&sk=app_25145831 6228
No, you don't need Quicktime embeds with YouTube.

If you are uploading your videos to YouTube, you can obtain the embed code for each video (usually under Share > Embed on the YouTube page for that video, not to be confused with the URL to share). Just copy that embed code and paste it into the HTML code of your product description in Ecwid (clicking the HTML button in the toolbar oа the description editor in Ecwid control panel).

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.