The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:48 AM

Vertical Categories Dispaly

I would like to change my Horizontal Categories to display Vertical.? How do I do it?

I know it must be simple, but I don't how to do it...

Please help me.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:23 PM

See your Ecwid control panel, Dashboard section. There is a code for categories widget, and after it there is a code for vertical categories (menu). Actually it differs in just 1 character, nevertheless, it is safer to copy the code and paste it over the similar code on your site.

If you use WordPress along with our official plugin, then instead do the following:
1. In WP admin → Settings → Ecwid shopping cart untick Show horizontal categories.
2. In WP Admin → Appearance → Widgets find "Ecwid vertical categories" widget and drag it to the sidebar.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM

what about vertical categories for Joomla 1.6?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Sorry, I'm having a similar problem. I pasted in the code, and the categories are now vertical, except they are also above the store grid instead of beside it. The instructions say to paste the code "next to" the store code, but this doesn't make any sense to me. You either have to paste it above the store code or below it. There isn't any way to paste "next to" it, since the chunks of code are placed one after the next on the page.

What am I missing? You can see my store here: http://www.hikifuda.com/store.html
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiki-fuda.com View Post
Sorry, I'm having a similar problem. I pasted in the code, and the categories are now vertical, except they are also above the store grid instead of beside it. The instructions say to paste the code "next to" the store code, but this doesn't make any sense to me. You either have to paste it above the store code or below it. There isn't any way to paste "next to" it, since the chunks of code are placed one after the next on the page.

What am I missing? You can see my store here: http://www.hikifuda.com/store.html
Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...3357#post23357
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Hiki-fuda.com (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Kess,

That's much better!

Now that I have moved the categories, I'm trying to get the shopping bag to permanently display between the sign in space and my search box.

I added the floating menu parameter, and I read the page "How to change minicart position in a floating mode", but again, the directions appear to be incomplete.

You can't just paste in the floating menu parameter code and then paste the code for "Right top corner" after that. It doesn't work.

Obviously, the code for "Right top corner" has to be pasted someplace specifically. But there aren't any specific directions-- at least not on the "How to change minicart position in floating mode (http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21207793/...loating%20mode)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Kess,

That's much better!

Now that I have moved the categories, I'm trying to get the shopping bag to permanently display between the sign in space and my search box.

I added the floating menu parameter, and I read the page "How to change minicart position in a floating mode", but again, the directions appear to be incomplete.

You can't just paste in the floating menu parameter code and then paste the code for "Right top corner" after that. It doesn't work.

Obviously, the code for "Right top corner" has to be pasted someplace specifically. But there aren't any specific directions-- at least not on the "How to change minicart position in floating mode (http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21207793/...loating%20mode)
You see, the floating position actually means that the minicart icon will stay in a definite place of the screen (not of the page) when you scroll up or down, for example. At the moment it is located in the right bottom position, and if I scroll down, the page will be scrolled, but the cart will stay in my bottom right corner, plus you can drag-n-drop it when viewing the store pages. If you would like to place it in some definite place on your page, and have it there as a fixed element of the page, you can, first of all set a Fixed mode for it, and then set its exact position with the help of CSS rules, that should be added to Ecwid control panel -> System Settings -> Design -> CSS Themes. For example, after switching the minicart to the fixed mode, please add the following CSS rule:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart {
top: 13em;
right: 24em;
}
and click "Save (Ctrl+S)".

The thing is that Sort By is displayed in the categories that contain products only. It is not displayed in on the pages of the categories, that contain subcategories. For example:

http://www.hikifuda.com/store.html
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Kess,

That's much better!

You see, the floating position actually means that the minicart icon will stay in a definite place of the screen (not of the page) when you scroll up or down, for example. At the moment it is located in the right bottom position, and if I scroll down, the page will be scrolled, but the cart will stay in my bottom right corner, plus you can drag-n-drop it when viewing the store pages. If you would like to place it in some definite place on your page, and have it there as a fixed element of the page, you can, first of all set a Fixed mode for it, and then set its exact position with the help of CSS rules, that should be added to Ecwid control panel -> System Settings -> Design -> CSS Themes. For example, after switching the minicart to the fixed mode, please add the following CSS rule:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart {
top: 13em;
right: 24em;
}
and click "Save (Ctrl+S)".

The thing is that Sort By is displayed in the categories that contain products only. It is not displayed in on the pages of the categories, that contain subcategories. For example:

http://www.hikifuda.com/store.html
Hiki-fuda.com (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 PM

Kess,

I'd like to thank you for your patience and kind help.

I believe that I followed your instructions correctly. However, the cart is now displaying in the bottom left corner instead of the top right corner!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Kess,

I'd like to thank you for your patience and kind help.

I believe that I followed your instructions correctly. However, the cart is now displaying in the bottom left corner instead of the top right corner!
Let's use this CSS rule instead of the one provided in my previous post:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart {
position: absolute;
top: 0em;
right: 9em;
}
Please let me know if the cart position is ok now.
Hiki-fuda.com (11-22-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
vertical, vertical categories