The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 PM

API Question

Can Ecwid handle an API call to another system, specifically 3PL warehouse management system software, to allow them to connect with one another? If so, are there instructions for how to set up such a connection?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 AM

Hi Mike, I would imagine you can use the API to connect with 3pl software. I know we have successfully integrated with the Shipwire api, and it works great, we have not had any problems yet, using multiple warehouses, bonuses items, tracking updates etc.. . You can get an idea of what our connection does at http://nevistastech.com/shipwire-and-ecwid-integration/

Last edited by nevistashealth; 02-01-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: missed some info
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike381 View Post
Can Ecwid handle an API call to another system, specifically 3PL warehouse management system software, to allow them to connect with one another? If so, are there instructions for how to set up such a connection?
Depends on which direction your items are going, currently you need to import items on the ecwid side, there is no way currently, with the API to do any kind of inserts into ecwid.
A few update as far as shipping, payment status and tracking, but no inserts of records at this time.
I would be happy to hear from ecwid if I missed something. Even in the upcoming 13.1, only updates of additional fields and not inserts of records are being added. I would love to be wrong about the inserts not being available.

HTH

Tim

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api