The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Alfredito Selastrae's Avatar
Alfredito Selastrae is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2
Post

Editing language labels in Facebook?


Is this possible? I am using ecwid's app on facebook, my default language is Spanish, however I still see a few labels in English and some I would just like to change the words. Can I do this? where am I supossed to add the codes?
Thanks
  #2  
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Hi Alfredito,

1. If some labels are in Enlgish, it means that the translation had been added to Ecwid before these label appeared (i.e. these features were added). So, please report these labels to our bug-tracker and we will correct them.

2. Unfortunately, our Facebook app doesn't allow overriding language labels at this moment. However, Ecwid does. So, if you create a custom FB app, then you'll be able to do this: http://kb.ecwid.com/Custom-Facebook-store
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #3  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Alfredito Selastrae's Avatar
Alfredito Selastrae Alfredito Selastrae is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
Hi Alfredito,

1. If some labels are in Enlgish, it means that the translation had been added to Ecwid before these label appeared (i.e. these features were added). So, please report these labels to our bug-tracker and we will correct them.

2. Unfortunately, our Facebook app doesn't allow overriding language labels at this moment. However, Ecwid does. So, if you create a custom FB app, then you'll be able to do this: http://kb.ecwid.com/Custom-Facebook-store
Hello Eugene, thanks for your answer. I'll be happy to report all the labels I can find and I hope they can be corrected soon.

About creating a custom FB app, I understand this would compromise the app's integration with Facebook? can you tell me what sort of thing would I be missing if I did it this way?. Just to know if it's worth it.
  #4  
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredito Selastrae View Post
Hello Eugene, thanks for your answer. I'll be happy to report all the labels I can find and I hope they can be corrected soon.

About creating a custom FB app, I understand this would compromise the app's integration with Facebook? can you tell me what sort of thing would I be missing if I did it this way?. Just to know if it's worth it.
The custom FB app still works inside Facebook and allows your customers to purchase items, however it doesn't provide an app tab with random products, so you will need to create a custom tab with links to your store. Also it will not have "Share" buttons on product pages.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #5  
Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Jay Newell's Avatar
Jay Newell Jay Newell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
The custom FB app still works inside Facebook and allows your customers to purchase items, however it doesn't provide an app tab with random products, so you will need to create a custom tab with links to your store. Also it will not have "Share" buttons on product pages.
I see.. well then, I guess I don't really need to create a custom tab!. I'll be happy with having the labels I pointed out corrected =) that 'Share' button is one of them. I hope it can be translated aswell!.

Thanks Eugene.
  #6  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Newell View Post
I see.. well then, I guess I don't really need to create a custom tab!. I'll be happy with having the labels I pointed out corrected =) that 'Share' button is one of them. I hope it can be translated aswell!.

Thanks Eugene.
Yes, this label can be translated as well.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
facebook, javascript, labels, language, translation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.