The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:37 PM

Editing language labels in Facebook?

Is this possible? I am using ecwid's app on facebook, my default language is Spanish, however I still see a few labels in English and some I would just like to change the words. Can I do this? where am I supossed to add the codes?
Thanks
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Alfredito,

1. If some labels are in Enlgish, it means that the translation had been added to Ecwid before these label appeared (i.e. these features were added). So, please report these labels to our bug-tracker and we will correct them.

2. Unfortunately, our Facebook app doesn't allow overriding language labels at this moment. However, Ecwid does. So, if you create a custom FB app, then you'll be able to do this: http://kb.ecwid.com/Custom-Facebook-store

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
Hi Alfredito,

1. If some labels are in Enlgish, it means that the translation had been added to Ecwid before these label appeared (i.e. these features were added). So, please report these labels to our bug-tracker and we will correct them.

2. Unfortunately, our Facebook app doesn't allow overriding language labels at this moment. However, Ecwid does. So, if you create a custom FB app, then you'll be able to do this: http://kb.ecwid.com/Custom-Facebook-store
Hello Eugene, thanks for your answer. I'll be happy to report all the labels I can find and I hope they can be corrected soon.

About creating a custom FB app, I understand this would compromise the app's integration with Facebook? can you tell me what sort of thing would I be missing if I did it this way?. Just to know if it's worth it.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredito Selastrae View Post
Hello Eugene, thanks for your answer. I'll be happy to report all the labels I can find and I hope they can be corrected soon.

About creating a custom FB app, I understand this would compromise the app's integration with Facebook? can you tell me what sort of thing would I be missing if I did it this way?. Just to know if it's worth it.
The custom FB app still works inside Facebook and allows your customers to purchase items, however it doesn't provide an app tab with random products, so you will need to create a custom tab with links to your store. Also it will not have "Share" buttons on product pages.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
The custom FB app still works inside Facebook and allows your customers to purchase items, however it doesn't provide an app tab with random products, so you will need to create a custom tab with links to your store. Also it will not have "Share" buttons on product pages.
I see.. well then, I guess I don't really need to create a custom tab!. I'll be happy with having the labels I pointed out corrected =) that 'Share' button is one of them. I hope it can be translated aswell!.

Thanks Eugene.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Newell View Post
I see.. well then, I guess I don't really need to create a custom tab!. I'll be happy with having the labels I pointed out corrected =) that 'Share' button is one of them. I hope it can be translated aswell!.

Thanks Eugene.
Yes, this label can be translated as well.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
facebook, javascript, labels, language, translation