The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

qTip compatible with Ecwid?

Is this tool tip javascript plugin compatible with Ecwid?

http://craigsworks.com/projects/qtip/

Is there another that you recommend? Since Ecwid does not yet support category descriptions, I'm thinking of creating a menu of categories in the left column of the site, and then using a tool tip to appear on hover of those categories to show the description so that the user doesn't have to actually click on the product category to know if it's what he is looking for.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to combine text and a youtube video in those tool tips. I think all this can be done with qTip but I don't want there to be any conflicts with Ecwid.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:36 PM

I don't see any points of incompatibility between Ecwid and qTip. The only integration problem I can see is that qTip actually needs to be added to categories after they load, but Ecwid doesn't provide yet any events upon loading. Yet qTip is jQuery-based, so that the workaround might be done via .delegate() or polling the selector.

Of course, such tweaks cannot affect the way how Ecwid works.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

Hi, I think I was not clear about my question. I didn't mean to imply using qTip on the ecwid generated category list. My plan is to use regular links via icons to the individual categories in ecwid (much like the naturalbodyinc.com site) except instead of a text menu, I will use graphical icons and those icons will have the tool tip when hovered over.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 PM

If so, then I don't see any obstacles in using qTip.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
javascript, qtip, tooltip