The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Problem: detailed images pop up oversize!

Hi guys,

i have problems with the detailed images. Once you click on them their is the pop-up window loaded. But it is way to big!
Clicked on the link it looks like this:

(it even has to load scroll bars...)

How can I fix this bug? It appears whenever such a pop-up window is loaded!

Another example from the shopping cart:

Last edited by Kabelbrand-Event; 02-01-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:53 PM

In your custom CSS theme there is a rule on line 1167, here I quote it:
Code:
html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .ecwid {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    width: 98%;
}
The width property from this rule causes the oversized popups. Try to remove that definition from your custom CSS.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:43 PM

that was an easy one
thanks a lot: it works now!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 PM

before starting a new thread, i ve got a last question concerning the pop up images. they work fine, but after they appear you can click on the photos and it opens a blank browser tab with the photo. i would like to deactivate this option cause it leads the customer away from the shop. btw the image in the pop up window is already big enough...

any ideas again?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelbrand-Event View Post
before starting a new thread, i ve got a last question concerning the pop up images. they work fine, but after they appear you can click on the photos and it opens a blank browser tab with the photo. i would like to deactivate this option cause it leads the customer away from the shop. btw the image in the pop up window is already big enough...

any ideas again?
First of all, in our experience, opening images in new tabs does not drive your customers away. Most of the customers feel confident about their purchase when they can study the product image in most possible details. In other words, the bigger images of your product you can provide the more sales you get. Henceworth, Ecwid allows customers to browse product images in these 3 zoom levels - product image, detailed image, full image. The more interest the customer has the further s/he can go. With this in mind, the customer would hardly abandon the site with large real images which just open in a new tab.

However, Ecwid adds a link to the full image only when the original additional image does not fit the browser window. So, to avoid having links to full images in gallery, you should just add images that are already resized so that they fit the most popular screen sizes.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM

Arrow Deactivate link option

Hi Eugene,

thanks for your answer!

But taking your advice would mean that i have to change ALL product photos for each product. On top of that, the size wouldnt be adjusted automatically. so for example providing the propper size for 1024x768 would lead to wasted space on the bigger screens.
Therefore I really want to just deactivate this option. even better would it be to change to a "next picture" action...

It would be really great if you could help me with this issue!
All the best
Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelbrand-Event View Post
Hi Eugene,

thanks for your answer!

But taking your advice would mean that i have to change ALL product photos for each product. On top of that, the size wouldnt be adjusted automatically. so for example providing the propper size for 1024x768 would lead to wasted space on the bigger screens.
Therefore I really want to just deactivate this option. even better would it be to change to a "next picture" action...

It would be really great if you could help me with this issue!
All the best
At this moment, it isn’t possible to disable this feature.
Honestly, we believe that the current behaviour is correct and will actually bring more sales to you.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css, detailed images, javascript, pop up