The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:11 PM

Default pay now button unresponsive

The pay now button is unresponsive to my customers. Nothing is happening when they click it.

http://www.cmballet.org/online-store
The Following User Says Thank You to Molly Luksik For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

I have checked your site and the checkout portion works fine for me. As soon as valid credit card details are entered (credit card number, secure code, expiration date and cardholder's name), the Pay Now button gets activate and allows to proceed. Are you entering real credit card details in the credit card form or some random numbers?

If you'd like to test it, you can use test credit card numbers. Also, as you know, different credit card types require different number of digits to be entered for Security code (or "CVC" or "CVV") - please pay attention to that, too, when making a test as well as fill out all the other fields in the credit card form.

If there is still an issue with some real credit card, please let me know the type of the credit card you're entering that doesn't make the Pay Now button active. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Hi Elaine,

I have a same issue. My "Buy Now" button, generated in the product pageis unresponsive, when I enter it on my website. I am using wix and added it as "HTML code". Payment button will show "v" check sign, but after nothing happens. I was expecting it will take client to cart site or something. But like this nothing happens...
Thanks for clarification too!... And thanks Molly for opening this thread...

https://www.pixien.eu/stripe-testing
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrik Banas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 02:29 PM

URGENT - Pay Now button not working!
Hi there, we've had customers try to purchase our products today on our website that explain that our 'Pay Now' button isn't working?! We've tried ourselves and they definitely are not working! We have a huge event in the next couple of hours that we MUST have our Ecwid payment service working for... can someone please look into this ASAP?!?!?!?!?!?
We're so worried and anxious and we're loosing business as a result.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Charlie,

I've checked your WEMC online store's checkout and so far can't reproduce the issue on my end. I've tried to place order there using a test credit card number and received the following correct response from Stripe: "Unable to perform charge. Your card was declined. Your request was in live mode, but used a known test card." Then I've entered a real credit card number that had not enough funds on it to pay for the order in full, clicked on Pay Now button and got the following expected response from Stripe for such cases: "Unable to perform charge.Your card has insufficient funds."

Please provide more details on where and how you see the issue:
1) What message from payment system you see after clicking on Pay Now button
2) What browser and operating system you are using? This information can be copied from our diagnostic page: https://www.ecwid.com/internet
3) Do you see the same issue if you use a different browser?

You can create a $1 product, mark it as the one that doesn't require shipping, hide it in the storefront by placing this product in enabled subcategory with a disabled category and place a test order.

This information will help us reproduce and troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:19 PM

What I've noticed using Chrome browser, when I clicked on a test 'Buy It Now' button, and nothing seemed to happen, I then noticed a small bag icon at the lower right corner of the browser, with the number '5' on it. It was a minimized pop-up, and there were 5 instances of the pop-up to then see.

I'm new to Chrome, so am unsure if this is a feature of this browser. I write this in case it helps others discover the 'Buy it Now' button is somewhat working.

Update: The same bag icon appears on FireFox.

Update: I use Joomla, and the custom HTML module probably accounts for this minimized pop-up behavior.

Last edited by David Long4; 01-13-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:31 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Long4 View Post
What I've noticed using Chrome browser, when I clicked on a test 'Buy It Now' button, and nothing seemed to happen, I then noticed a small bag icon at the lower right corner of the browser, with the number '5' on it. It was a minimized pop-up, and there were 5 instances of the pop-up to then see.

I'm new to Chrome, so am unsure if this is a feature of this browser. I write this in case it helps others discover the 'Buy it Now' button is somewhat working.

Update: The same bag icon appears on FireFox.

Update: I use Joomla, and the custom HTML module probably accounts for this minimized pop-up behavior.
Hi David!

This is Kenga from Ecwid.
Thanks for your message.

I'm sorry to know that the 'Buy it Now' button doesn't properly work for you.

As I see, you specified this link as your Ecwid Storefront url. To my regret, I can't open this page, it returns the 403 error.

So, I decided to check how your Ecwid Starter Site works:

- I put an item to my bag
- on the Payment information page, I entered the test credit card details
- I clicked the Pay $80.65 button to confirm the payment
- As I result, I got the card_declined error message in the upper right corner. That's the expected error because I used the test credit card details. Check the video:
https://monosnap.com/file/ngtEQ9kb9w...k1YbYfVOUTZaWD

As you see, the Pay $80.65 button is active.

In order to check what happens on your Joomla site, we need to get access to the published page with Ecwid store. Send us the link to the page with Ecwid on your Joomla site.

We'd appreciate if you detail what steps we should perform to reproduce the same issue as you.

Also, send us a video or a screenshot of the problem.

This information will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Always happy to hear from you!

Ecwid team

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.