The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:23 AM

Request for making the "state" field an input field form Sweden and Finland, instead of a dropdown

Hi,

could you please make the "state" field an optional one for Finland and Sweden, by changing it to an input field instead of a drop-down? I saw that it had been implemented for the UK.

The states, or rather counties, are never used in addresses over here. Fact is, a lot of people don't know which county they live in. I've beta-tested my store with a couple of users, and they all are confused by that drop-down. We go by street address, zip code and city over here, nothing else.

Regards,
Patrick
Old 04-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care!

I completely understand the issue.

We had a similar request about a month ago, and our developers released a fix: dropdown for Sweden stays, but it is not obligatory to choose a state. Your Swedish customers can proceed without choosing the state upon checkout.

Quote:
I saw that it had been implemented for the UK.
Although, UK does not have a dropdown list of states/counties, the field for UK is obligatory.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.