The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfalconer View Post
No, it's not PHP based:

www.MatraMagic.co.uk
Hm, does your hosting provider allow to use PHP scripts?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Yes, I can use PHP5 on the server.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfalconer View Post
Yes, I can use PHP5 on the server.
Great, in this case we can help you to install the mod on your server. PM me for details.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Default Discount Coupon

I tend to agree with Brad here. I feel like a lot of us planned our store/marketing with the discount coupons in mind. There may have been a warning, but I sure don't remember seeing it, and I bet a lot of others didn't either.

The thing I feel worst about, is I had recommended ecwid to friends under the assumption that all the current features would continue to be free.

As another user stated, $17 is nothing for a large store that makes a lot of revenue, and I'm sure I'll adopt it as my store grows - but for smaller stores its a lot to pay when really all i need right now is the discount coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knblawson View Post
Eugene,

You have been extremely helpful thus far in creating my store (thank you) and I am very excited to have helped out in the beta process by being an early adopter. You guys truly have a superior product! I do have one concern about the new release. You stated that all the free features will remain free and v4/changing to the paid features will only ADD to what is already free, however the "Promotions/Coupons" are now a paid feature. As early adopters you have allowed us to keep our mobile sites and have over the 100 free products, but now all my coupons are disabled. Any chance you guys could consider unlocking the coupons (which are included on almost all free shopping cart software) for us early adopters? It seems like such a basic feature that you guys would want to include for everyone (or at least us who already use it). Thanks for your consideration.

Brad
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM

Version 4 looks great.

I do remember seeing the note about coupons and discounts only being temporary, that is why I didn't use them.

When I did look at them I thought that it was very basic. There was no facility to produce a set "bank" of voucher codes so that each customer could then be emailed their unique voucher code. Thus avoiding the problems of expoliting voucher codes.

I would be happy to pay for an advanced voucher code system, but not a very basic one.

Perhaps there should be a two tier system for offers - the very basic one and a much superior advanced one.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I tend to agree with Brad here. I feel like a lot of us planned our store/marketing with the discount coupons in mind. There may have been a warning, but I sure don't remember seeing it, and I bet a lot of others didn't either.
What this warning looked like:

Quote:
The thing I feel worst about, is I had recommended ecwid to friends under the assumption that all the current features would continue to be free.
All the features, which used to be free, are still free, as we promised. Moreover the product limit was increased for early adopters.

Quote:
As another user stated, $17 is nothing for a large store that makes a lot of revenue, and I'm sure I'll adopt it as my store grows - but for smaller stores its a lot to pay when really all i need right now is the discount coupon.
All the small stores whose owners cannot pay $17/mo, have a great option: they can use our free plan which has all the features to launch a store and start selling their goods.

Use free Ecwid with any free site builders (e.g. Google Sites) and you will be able to launch a web store without a dollar spent.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecwid Made Easy.com View Post
When I did look at them I thought that it was very basic. There was no facility to produce a set "bank" of voucher codes so that each customer could then be emailed their unique voucher code. Thus avoiding the problems of expoliting voucher codes.
Just enable the "once per customer" option of any coupon. After that customer will be able to apply this coupon just once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coupons_note.png
Views:	202
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	304  

Old 05-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Just enable the "once per customer" option of any coupon. After that customer will be able to apply this coupon just once.
What I meant was, I couldn't see a quick way of generating say 100 codes that can be exported for inclusion in a mailing list.

Or another way would be to generate the 100 codes away from Ecwid and then import them.

It seems as if you have enter the 100 codes separately.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
What I meant was, I couldn't see a quick way of generating say 100 codes that can be exported for inclusion in a mailing list.

Or another way would be to generate the 100 codes away from Ecwid and then import them.

It seems as if you have enter the 100 codes separately.
Hm, why do you need to generate 100 different coupons codes? Can you describe the use cases?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Two Main reasons:

MONITORING
Each customer receives an email with the same voucher code in it. We can then monitor which customer uses the voucher. Those customers who used the voucher get different types of vouchers in the future. We can tailor vouchers to a persons spending habits and likes.

PREVENTING ABUSE
If each customer gets a unique voucher code it can only be used once.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Two Main reasons:

MONITORING
Each customer receives an email with the same voucher code in it. We can then monitor which customer uses the voucher. Those customers who used the voucher get different types of vouchers in the future. We can tailor vouchers to a persons spending habits and likes.

PREVENTING ABUSE
If each customer gets a unique voucher code it can only be used once.
1. Monitoring.
In Ecwid, if you open the Coupon page, you can check what orders each coupon has been applied for. The customer`s information is in the order details.
Does it help you to do the necessary monitoring?

2. Preventing abuse.
If you enable the 'once per customer' feature of any Ecwid coupon, every customer will be able to apply it just once. I.e. if you make a "discount_sale" coupon with this option enabled, then:

- every customer who knows this code can apply it
- he/she can make it just once

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.