The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:20 AM

Exclamation

Adding two items to the shopping cart doesn't work

Hello, if I try to add one item to the shopping cart, the price shows up fine. But if I add two items into the shopping cart, suddenly the price reverts back to zero. Could you tell me how to fix this?

I added a screenshot, and here is the link to my shopping page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.15.38 AM.png
Views:	106
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	3875  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team. Thanks for reaching us out. I'm here to help you.

As I can see, you've added several options to this product to let your customers choose additional attributes of the product.

The first two selections in the list of choices decrease the product's price by $55(the first one) and $45(the second one). That's why when you choose both selections at once, the initial product's price ($100) is decreased by $100 ($55+$45) and becomes 0.

As I can understand these selections were intended to increase the base product price. Therefore, in order to fix this I recommend, that you adjust the selection's price modifiers in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > This product > Options > This very option. Simply change the — sign to + one to make the selections increase the price instead of decreasing one (screenshot).

Hope I was helpful. If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello, I am Karina, Ecwid Customer Care Team. Thank you for your message.

As I see at the moment your customers select product options with the help of checkboxes. This input type is usually used if you want to allow your customers select several options at a time (e.g. they can select several toppings for one ice-cream). In order for the customers to add different options of the product (several separate items), you need to use radio-buttons. You can change input type in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog >Products > Product Page > Options.

As for the check mark, you need to use a CSS code to hide it from view. Here is that code:

HTML Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-inTheBagTick {
display: none;
}
To apply this code, go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Design. Scroll down and click the "New CSS theme" button. A blank box will appear, you need to paste that code into that blank box. Next, you will click "Activate" off to the right hand side to activate the theme, and then make sure to "Save."

Hope it helps. Please, feel free to contact us again if needed.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Hi Karina,

Thanks so much for your help! I feel like my shopping cart is finally getting close to being ready to use!

Just one more question for now. Is it true that I cannot enable limited stock with the free version of your plugin? For example, if I have only one T-shirt available, can I have it automatically go out of stock if someone purchases it?

If not, is there a quick way to hide the product when a sale goes through? I want to make sure the sale goes through before I remove the item from my shop.

Thanks again!
Willow
Old 11-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

This is Valerie from Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for your question.

Ecwid gives you a chance to track your inventory to prevent overselling. Once the In Stock quantity reaches zero, Ecwid marks a product as Out of Stock, suspends purchases of this item and notifies a merchant about that.

Please note, that inventory tracking feature is available on all paid plans.

Learn more about product inventory tracking.

I hope, it helps. Feel free to reach out if questions arise.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shopping bag, shopping cart