The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 PM

Hi there! Thanks so much for messaging me. Yes thats what i have been struggling with. The set up doesnt seen to work for the UK. I have decided instead to do free shipping and include the cost of postage in the price. Do you think thats a better idea? I cant see any other way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Debbie Moore For This Useful Post:
wendye walter (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 PM

Hi there... I just went on to post a new idea and at first I didnt include my email address, and I got this message saying something like invalid email address however, after I put in the same email as what I have for my account I was able to make the post ok.

I'm super new to Ecwid (just downloaded, set up & launched my store yesterday) but I think you should be able to change your password (if necessary) from your control panel in the my profile section. I would really like to know how things work out for you - if thats ok.

Where are you in the UK? I have nearly 250 customers in many places in the UK, I have been trying to learn about ways to find UK Bloggers and other means for advertising my products in the UK due to my increasing number of UK customers... any suggestions?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 PM

Hi again, I would like to add you to my friends list - would that be ok?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Oh sorry i just noticed your other message. Yes of course thats fine. Im from Scotland. Very new to this! Not even traded yet! Well i have done on a very small scale to a local gift shop but thats all. This is my first online trading experience! Hopefully, ive sorted everything and it will actually work lol!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:40 PM

Are you on facebook? Do you have a fan page? Thats a great way to spread the word to everyone all over the world. Im using facebook at the moment. I have to admit they are experiencing some technical faults right now. Hoping its all sorted soon! I have been more than unlucky lately lol!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 PM

ok I just sent friendship request... yes I have fan page...just stared it a couple weeks ago so only 1500 fans so far...but im working on it. hey how were you testing your shipping methods to see that it wasn't working properly?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 AM

Morning! Thanks very much. Ill add you on! Oh to do the store test you use the Simple-store link. To do this you sign into Ecwid as normal then type this into your search engine..................app.ecwid.com/jsp/store_ID/Simple-store. You replace the Store_ID bit with the code of your shop. The codes are at the bottom right of your page i think? Take your shop through the whole process to make sure its as you want it.

ps you are doing fab! You have lots of fans! Im a new brand so i have a long way to go! xx
Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 AM

Morning to you.....Thanks.... I kept searching around and got it figured out.... you wouldn't happen to know where to go in joomla2.5 to change http to https would you? I really need to get this changed and can find no one who seems to know...but I haven't heard back from any ecwid administators yet.....
Old 03-31-2012, 11:29 AM

Oh thats really good you found it yourself Wendye. Im so sorry but i dont use that software so i have no idea. I think upon joining though it would be a great idea if they directed everyone to the forums and knowledge centre straight away. Ill try and post a recommendation at some point. I did hear back from one lady about the Royal Mail issues im having. Apparently its not possible for them to get the correct shipping costs from them because the Royal Mail dont make their API address public. Therefore, you do have to figure out your own system which isnt as easy as it sounds. I think what ive done by adding shipping cost onto products is the best option for me. I hope everythings going well your end!?

Last edited by Debbie Moore; 04-08-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:37 PM

Ohhh Wow.... yea it does seem as though you made the best decision by adding in the shipping cost with the product price. Thanks for the facebook fan info...I will check that out now. Well, I would really like to keep in touch, it just feels better knowing someone else out there is troubleshooting issues and looking all around for answers like I am. Let me know when your site goes live, I'd like to know how business is coming along for you.
:-)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
defined, methods, shipping, user