The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:57 PM

Exclamation

Is it possible to designate which taxes will apply on a single product?

There are tax exceptions within Canada that exclude certain products such as books from the PST (8%) portion of our Harmonized Sales Tax. If I'm selling books on Ecwid - I need to be able to designate Books as only being subject to 5% GST.

Is this possible?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Whyte View Post
There are tax exceptions within Canada that exclude certain products such as books from the PST (8%) portion of our Harmonized Sales Tax. If I'm selling books on Ecwid - I need to be able to designate Books as only being subject to 5% GST.

Is this possible?
Hello,

Ecwid Customer Care team here. Thanks for the question!

It's definitely possible to assign individual taxes per products in Ecwid. In this case the steps you need to take are:

1. Access your Ecwid Control Panel and go to Settings -> Taxes tab.

2. Create another tax in there which would be of 5% and name it somehow like "GST for books".

3. Set it up by zones or in any way you need it to be set up and save changes. So you should have two taxes there: 8% and 5%:

3. Then go to the Catalog -> Products and choose any product (for example, a book) in the list. You will get to the editor page for that product. Switch to the Tax/Shipping tab there. You will see that there are two taxes available in your store:

4. Just select the one you need to apply for this product and hit "Save Changes" like that:

Thus you see that you are able to set taxes for your products individually using the same method. Just make sure that you don't accidentally apply a new tax for all the products in your store, so once you create a new tax it's better to leave the "Enable by default for all products" checkbox unchecked (if only you don't have that intention really):

Hope this helps. Please also feel free to refer to this video tutorial about taxes setup in Ecwid: CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Feel free to ask if anything else comes up.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:56 PM

Thank you for the very detailed reply Roman!

Cheers!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
products, sales tax, taxes