The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:42 AM

Google Analytics shopping behaviour

Hello,

I have activated enhanced eCommerce tracking in Google Analytics and transaction data is now visible under Conversions/E-Commerce/Overview. This is already great as the product name and transaction value gets sent automatically to Google Analytics.

I also set up a goal and a funnel so that I can visualize the funnel under Conversions/Goals/Funnel Visualisation

Unfortunately no data seems to get sent to Conversions/E-commerce/Shoppong Behaviour which is supposed to be more reliable data than the funnel under goals.

Must I add something to my site ? How can I set this up ? I searched in Google and it seems that this is quite complicated to set up. I was hoping that this would be done automatically by Ecwid...

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 03-11-2019, 06:26 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Sonnenschein View Post
Hello,

I have activated enhanced eCommerce tracking in Google Analytics and transaction data is now visible under Conversions/E-Commerce/Overview. This is already great as the product name and transaction value gets sent automatically to Google Analytics.

I also set up a goal and a funnel so that I can visualize the funnel under Conversions/Goals/Funnel Visualisation

Unfortunately no data seems to get sent to Conversions/E-commerce/Shoppong Behaviour which is supposed to be more reliable data than the funnel under goals.

Must I add something to my site ? How can I set this up ? I searched in Google and it seems that this is quite complicated to set up. I was hoping that this would be done automatically by Ecwid...

Thanks,
Thomas
Hi Thomas!

This is Kenga from Ecwid team.
Thanks for your message.

As I understand, you're talking about the Enhanced Ecommerce events in your GA account:

Since the Conversions/E-commerce/Shopping Behaviour tab appears after you enable the Enhanced Ecommerce reporting option.

If so, I should tell that our built-in integration with GA supports only the Ecommerce reporting, the Enhanced Ecommerce events are not recorded in this case. We advise enabling the Ecommerce reporting when setting up the integration with GA:

You can track the Enhanced Ecommerce events with the help of a different integration — Google Tag Manager (GTM). Here is what you need to do:
  • disable the current integration with GA in Ecwid Control panel > Settings > General > Tracking & Analytics
  • enable the Enhanced Ecommerce reporting in GA backend > Admin > Ecommerce Settings
  • follow the steps given below to set up the GTM

Here is the full instruction:

Step 1. Сreate a Google Analytics account.
  • Click the link http://www.google.com/analytics/ to go to Google Analytics. 
Note: If you have a Google account, and are not signed in, click "Sign in". If you do not have a Google account, click "Create an account".
  • Once you have signed in to your Google account, click "Access Google Analytics".
  • Click "Sign up".
  • Fill in your "Account Name", "Website Name", "Website URL", and select an "Industry Category" and "Reporting Time Zone".
  • Under "Data Sharing Options", check the boxes next to the options that you want.
  • From the "Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement" that opens, click "I Accept".

Step 2. Create a Google tag manager account
  • Create an account, or use an existing account, at https://tagmanager.google.com/
  • Create a new container for your website:
  • Copy the Google Tag Manager ID in the right upper corner:

Step 3. Install Ecwid Google Tag Manager App.

Step 4. Import the file into Google Tag Manager.
  • Go to Google Tag Manager > Admin (https://tagmanager.google.com/#/admin/) 

• Find a 'Container' section and click "Import container" button:
  • Click "Choose Container File" button and choose a GTM-file that you have downloaded. 

• In 'Choose' workplace section click "NEW" 

• When the file is added to a system you will see a tab with a preview:
  • Then click "Confirm".

• When this is done you will be redirected back to a 'WORKPLACE' page.
  • Connect your GTM account with your GA account: in your GTM account, go to "Variables" and click "New" next to the "User-Defined Variables" section.
  • Choose the "Constant" Variable type and paste your GA ID there:
  • Click "Submit" in the right upper corner:
  • In the appeared window click "Publish" and then "Continue'. 

That's it!

Mind that the first results in Google Analytics reports will appear in about 24 hours after you entered your ID. However, you can check whether the settings are correct with the help of 'Real-time' tracking. Go to your website and simply surf it for a minute, click to a product, add it to a cart, close a cart, etc. Then open your Google Analytics dashboard > Real-Time > Overview. You should see that there is one active user on your website.

Ecwid team
Old 03-11-2019, 03:12 PM

Hello Kenga,

Many thanks for the reply.

Good to see that you are working on this. I see that the GTM app i a beta version and not yet visible in the app store unless I have the link. In addition my store is not directly with Ecwid but integrated into Duda. Not all apps are available there. But this one being a free app, I hope that it will be available soon. I would love to put this in place.

Regards,
Thomas
Old 03-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Sonnenschein View Post
Hello Kenga,

Many thanks for the reply.

Good to see that you are working on this. I see that the GTM app i a beta version and not yet visible in the app store unless I have the link. In addition my store is not directly with Ecwid but integrated into Duda. Not all apps are available there. But this one being a free app, I hope that it will be available soon. I would love to put this in place.

Regards,
Thomas
Hi Thomas!

Emma here, Ecwid team.

You are right, currently, the Google Tag manager app is in a beta testing phase. And one can download it via the direct link as for now

As for the availability of the apps in stores registered via our partners Duda, you can see the full list of them in your store control panel > Apps.

I have also sent the follow-up email regarding the apps for your store with more details. Please check your inbox.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to contact us via this form as well: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We will be happy to help!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
analytics, funnel, goals