The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Security View Post
Getting this error: Sorry, we do not ship to this location

I have our FedEx account linked in the shopping cart and it passes the test. I've enabled all forms of fedex shipping (including FedEx freight options) and it's still coming back with this error. I don't have a payment gateway linked yet (haven't setup an account with authorize.net yet) and I don't know if that makes a difference? The item weights 1400lbs it's a heavy security safe. If I change the weight of the item to 150 lbs and it finally worked. If I increased the weight of the item past 150lbs the shipping calculator no longer works. Is there a limit on weight? If so, how can I get around this? FedEx freight should still be an option, I think they ship up to 2200lbs?

(Just got off the phone with FedEx freight and they confirmed that they can ship between 4500lbs and 5000lbs per pallet so 1490lbs shouldn't be a problem. I'm wondering why the cart isn't calculating freight costs when I have freight as an option selected in the FedEx shipping section?)

Here's the item I'm trying to add. I've got FedEx linked to the fedex shipping number and the weight set for the item, but when I add it to the cart it gives me the error.

http://www.227lock.com/shoppingcart....roduct=1265845

just add the item to the bag and then try to check out. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a shipping tutorial on here or on YouTube?
The FedEx API which Ecwid currently supports has a weight limit. So if you try to get rates for a big product, FedEx server will return nothing.

If you want to get real-time live rates for big products, FedEx Freight API should be used. Ecwid doesn't support it yet, so please create a new idea at ideas.ecwid.com

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Default What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
The FedEx API which Ecwid currently supports has a weight limit. So if you try to get rates for a big product, FedEx server will return nothing.

If you want to get real-time live rates for big products, FedEx Freight API should be used. Ecwid doesn't support it yet, so please create a new idea at ideas.ecwid.com
So, I've invested quite a bit of time into getting my client on board with using this cart, I investigated everything I could think of when looking at your cart and now I find out it can't ship freight even though freight is an option in the cart. If you guys don't offer support for FedEx freight currently, can you think of a work around option until you do? Do you support Freight with UPS? If you do I'll switch and use them as the preferred form of shipping??? Perhaps setting up custom regions with set shipping prices for certain weights? Does paypal support real time shipping quotes through fedex? If so I could possibly use Paypal on checkout? I really don't want to abandon Ecwid
Old 08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
So, I've invested quite a bit of time into getting my client on board with using this cart, I investigated everything I could think of when looking at your cart and now I find out it can't ship freight even though freight is an option in the cart. If you guys don't offer support for FedEx freight currently, can you think of a work around option until you do? Do you support Freight with UPS? If you do I'll switch and use them as the preferred form of shipping??? Perhaps setting up custom regions with set shipping prices for certain weights? Does paypal support real time shipping quotes through fedex? If so I could possibly use Paypal on checkout? I really don't want to abandon Ecwid
1. As far as I know UPS carrier has weight limit of their APIs too.

2. Yes, of course some workarounds exist.
- First as a quick solution I suggest to set user-defined shipping methods up for your products.
- Also I will reply to you by e-mail about this feature sponsoring which will allow to implement it much faster

3. Can we use your FedEx account number to perform some tests? We want to check it all once again.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Default FedEx freight shipping

I think we'd like to see about speeding up the process to add FedEx freight real time shipping API sooner. I wrote you an email asking how long that would take? If my client would have to wait a few months before being able to use the new feature, I'm not sure that would work. If it can be implemented quickly that might work for us. I also sent you their FedEx account number in an email for testing as you requested.

Oh and do you have a good tutorial on user-defined shipping? I just want to make sure I set it up correctly.

Thanks!

Last edited by AB Security; 08-20-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I think we'd like to see about speeding up the process to add FedEx freight real time shipping API sooner. I wrote you an email asking how long that would take? If my client would have to wait a few months before being able to use the new feature, I'm not sure that would work. If it can be implemented quickly that might work for us. I also sent you their FedEx account number in an email for testing as you requested.

Oh and do you have a good tutorial on user-defined shipping? I just want to make sure I set it up correctly.

Thanks!
Please give us two days, we're investigating this problem at this very moment. Looks like it is possible to get FedEx rates for big items using the currently implemented API.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 PM

Default Great News!

Thats great news! We really want to use your shopping cart. The client loves the way it works and it would be fantastic if you can get it to work!

Let me know as soon as you've figured out a solution or if there's anything else that you need from me. Thanks so much!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
"All these changes will allow showing "Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box" only.
We use the Medium Flat-Rate Box to ship one of our products and I can't find the option for it. What am I missing?

Also, is there a way to set the system to default to the Medium Flat-Rate option when it's above, say, four pounds?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synternet Strategies View Post
We use the Medium Flat-Rate Box to ship one of our products and I can't find the option for it. What am I missing?

Also, is there a way to set the system to default to the Medium Flat-Rate option when it's above, say, four pounds?
1. At this moment shipping options are set up for the whole store. You can change this on the "System Settings -> Shipping" page.

2. Unfortunately, it isn't possible yet. Please, create a new idea at http://ideas.ecwid.com

Old 11-15-2011, 11:38 AM

Hello I hope this thread is still active . I get this same error
Sorry, we do not ship to this location for any location I select for shipping during checkout. I have added a user defined shipping method "Free Shiping" as all our products ship for free. All other carrier shipping methods are disabled. Any clue what could be wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Store ID795005

Found solution in another forum post. basically you must have a rate defined for shipping zone. In my case Since I only have one shipping method "user-defined" free shipping . I selected "the World" for zone and zero cost.
How to fix this issue:

1. Go to the Ecwid Control panel.
2. Open the "System Settings -> Shipping -> User-defined methods" page.
3. Press the "New Charge" button. Set up your shipping rates for each destination zone.
4. Save the changes.

Last edited by Nelson Ortega; 11-15-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added store ID - Added solutions
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
Please try the following steps:

1. Enable all the USPS shipping methods.
2. Save the changes.
3. Open your store, refresh the page.
4. Try to get any shipping rates. What do you see there?
i still am having trouble getting the USPS calculated shipping working. i have USA defined for my zone and i have all the states enabled. my zip code field is blank. my weights are defined. i am not offering any other shipping type. even with all usps options enabled, i'm still getting "sorry, we do not ship to this location"

is there anything else i can check/try? it's so close to being ready! sparklechai.com store id 1146026

Last edited by faeriechai; 11-13-2012 at 03:16 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
error, location, shipping