The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:44 PM

Exclamation

An error while embedding buy now button in website

i got this error while embedding the buy now button into my website
it says "Named entity expected. Got None."
Old 05-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmet adi View Post
i got this error while embedding the buy now button into my website
it says "Named entity expected. Got None."
Hi there,

This is Mary with Ecwid Customer Care team. I will be happy to help you.

I've checked the system and I see that there is an account with the store owner named mehmet adi. This account was registered on May 24, 2018.

I've checked the settings of this account and I see that the following website is indicated as store location http://id-healthlane.website. I've opened it and see that the website is closed for maintenance. The following message displays there:
"Maintenance Mode
Mohon bersabar website tengah dibaiki untuk penambahbaikan"

Please, could you send us a the following details so we could do the further troubleshooting:
- Describe the steps that you perform, so we could reproduce the issue.
- Send us a screenshot of what you see.
- What web browser do you use?

By the way, Ecwid integration with WordPress allows adding single product widget without a code. This can be done with the following steps:

1) In your WordPress Admin panel navigate to the page where you want the product to appear.
2) Click the "Add product" button above the text editor area.
3) Select the product you want to display on the page from the list.
4) Switch to the "Customize Widget" tab in the side menu. Here you can select the product properties that you want to display: product image, title, price, the list of product options, the quantity field and the "Add to bag" button.
5) When you have chosen all the options you want, click "Insert" to add this item to the blog page. In the Text area you will see a special shortcode that will add a clickable Single product widget to this page.

Please, follow this instruction and let us know in case you need further help. Fill in a form and we will help: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:00 PM

i am sorry for that link,
i link to that id-healthlane.website because at first, that's the only domain i have..
but the ecwid store buy button that i try to embed is on http://mehmetadi945.000webhostapp.com
for now i still use free hosting on 000webhost but that not the case..

to be honest, i am trying to understand ecwid before i open service to make ecommerce website for others..

my case is that, when i try to embed the code on 000webhost server..i get that error..

so basically i just copy the code from ecwid panel and paste it there..
note that the product is demo product that ecwid give by default,.i am not changing anything..just trying to see how ecwid works with buy now button..

EDITED: (for additional information)

i am not able to save the code that i paste there, because when i try to save the 000webhost panel refuse to save the code with error...but if i remove the ecwid buy now button widget..everything is normal..

EDIT : added information
i am not using wordpress on this new site..so yeah..that's why i embed the code and not using any plugin..

Last edited by mehmet adi; 05-29-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Team. Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'd like to let you know, that we've found the solution to your problem. The thing is that your site builder doesn't allow HTML code to contain the & character by itself. In order to fix the issue, please, replace all the & characters in the code with this code:

Code:
&
This will resolve the issue.

I've also emailed you with more details. Please check the inbox of the email address that you used to create your Ecwid account.

Hope I was helpful. If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid buy now button, error