The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:18 PM

how to edit store front page ?

Now that there are some changes here,how do I edit my store front page now ?
The Following User Says Thank You to breestreetlifetyle For This Useful Post:
Michael S Geter (12-15-2017)
Old 06-29-2015, 09:04 AM

Have a look at this article:
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...e-ecwid-design
Daria Sh. (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by breestreetlifetyle View Post
Now that there are some changes here,how do I edit my store front page now ?
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Let me give you general comments on how you can change your storefront:

First, as WoodYouLike has mentioned it, you should refer to an article describing how to make design changes in your store here http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...e-ecwid-design

To change the root category description (see the screenshot http://take.ms/LVZ6C ), go to your Control panel > Categories > Store Home page https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#category:id=0&mode=edit and edit the text in the description.

If you want to change the CSS theme of your store, go to Control panel > Settings > Design > CSS Themes. Choose the theme you want to set and click Activate.

Also, you can find a lot of ready CSS codes which can help you customize your storefront in our Help Center http://help.ecwid.com/ If you need further help, please describe in more details how you want to change your storefront. We'll be glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:59 PM

How do I delete that stupid fruit on my store page. I cannot find a way to edit the page now that it is set up!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarque View Post
How do I delete that stupid fruit on my store page. I cannot find a way to edit the page now that it is set up!
Hello!

These fruits and vegetables are demo products, which are added to every Ecwid store so that new users can test and see how their Ecwid store will look like with products and categories. You can easily remove them in your Ecwid Control Panel-> Catalog page:

To remove Category: Ecwid Control Panel-> Catalog-> Categories-> “Delete category” button on the top panel, screenshot:

To remove Product: Ecwid Control Panel-> Catalog-> Products-> Cross icon on the right panel, screenshot:

Hope, this is what you want! Please, feel free to ask if you need further assistance. Thank you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 09-22-2015, 03:52 PM

Thank you Daria.
I'm sure you guys are getting fed up with the same question.
I managed to get that far, but what I didn't say is that it is still on my store page even when it has been removed from my categories. Is this only visible to me, or can I remove it permanently?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:47 PM

Can someone please tell me how to permanently remove these fruit from my store page. This is getting annoying now.

Please stop telling us to remove it from categories. We have already done this. I need to move it from my actually store page. I don't sell fruit, please remove it! www.facebook.com/mantles.london

Thank you

Last edited by Liza; 09-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarque View Post
Can someone please tell me how to permanently remove these fruit from my store page. This is getting annoying now.

Please stop telling us to remove it from categories. We have already done this. I need to move it from my actually store page. I don't sell fruit, please remove it! www.facebook.com/mantles.london

Thank you
Hello,

We can understand your frustration and are ready to help.

At the moment you have already removed the demo products from your store. What is left is demo categories. Please delete them in your control panel - Catalog - Categories page, please, check this screenshot: http://take.ms/B5GJG

If you still need any assistance with removing your demo categories, please, let me know.

I must inform you that our community forums is an open place, where Ecwid users and Ecwid team help each other and answer questions. We're ready to help everyone, but we have a set of basic rules, which each user must follow, if she or he wants to get help here.

- Be respectful and constructive. Remember that there are people on the other end of your comments.
- Do not cross post, i.e. do not create different threads with the same content.
- Your thread title should be descriptive and clear.
- Search our forums and knowledge base before creating new threads.

All of these rules are for the Ecwid community’s sake and we highly recommend you to follow them otherwise your thread may not be answered at all or will be removed. I have merged your four last posts.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:11 PM

Liza P

All well and good you telling me how to respond, but how about you actually read the context of my message. Did I not tell you already that I have already removed the fruit from the control panel, categories? yes I did. So why in Gods name are you telling me to do it again. It's like a broken record. You really are not listening to me at all.

Please do not order me on how to speak, as you are the one's giving me incorrect information, the same information over and over again. I have already removed it from categories, but it's still there. Kindly re read my message.

I provided you with the link to my page, so that you can see it yourself. I do not sell Fruit and Veg, why on earth would I want my customers to see these pictures of fruit and veg next to my product.

Can you physically do it from your end, or tell me how to remove it a different way, because that way has been done and it's still there.

Ms Clarke
Old 09-22-2015, 05:14 PM

My sincere apologies. I stand corrected. Sorry.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.