The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Banned

About DDOS attacks

I would like to know about DDOS attacks. How we can prevent this? Somebody told me that increasing bandwidth of the website is a solution. What are the other network security solutions to overcome this issue. I guess lot of companies are now facing this problem. It would be really helpful if somebody can provide helpful tips

Last edited by Clara K; 06-30-2016 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Kisner View Post
I would like to know about DDOS attacks. How we can prevent this? Somebody told me that increasing bandwidth of the website is a solution. What are the other network security solutions to overcome this issue. I guess lot of companies are now facing this problem. It would be really helpful if somebody can provide helpful tips
Hi, Brian! Thank you for your question.

Ecwid is protected from DDOS attacks. Let me tell of the way it is managed in Ecwid:
Ecwid uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) that has hardware anti-ddos protection.
Ecwid has microservice infrastructure which means that each major feature of Ecwid is separate service working on different servers. Even if somebody manages to down some service only the functionality of this service will be affected.
All Ecwid services work using ASG(Auto-Scaling Groups) - in case the workload of the service increases, caused by DDOS attack, more servers will automatically sustain the service unless the load is subsided.
Ecwid uses Elastic Load Balancers. For more info please refer here - http://searchaws.techtarget.com/defi...load-balancing

Speaking of the user’s own sites - here anti-ddos protection depends on the hosting you use. Not many of hostings guarantee such protection, on the contrary - the majority even block the sites of their clients which suffer from a DDOS attack. The cost of protection usually depends on the hosting brand and the scale of the DDOS. Thus you should choose a suitable hosting which provides anti-ddos protection and apply for it.

I’ve noticed that you haven’t installed your Ecwid store to any site yet. This is not a problem since Ecwid users get a starter site once they register an account(more info on starter site is in this article - https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...9-Starter-site). Ecwid is
Software as Service product, which means that all data of your Ecwid store is processed on our servers and doesn’t consume the resources of your own site. For more information please refer to the following article - https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...e-for-hosting-

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vit S. For This Useful Post:
Brian Kisner (06-30-2016)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.