The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Can my SMS app write back into an order

Hi,
I am currently trying to integrate an external SMS App into my store. I know i can use the order notification API to tell my SMS app when to send and to who.

What i would like to know is, if they reply to that message (with a preferred delivery day for example) does ECWID have the ability to let me write that reply into the order. The info will probably have to go into the additional requirements field. I need lots of people to be able to see the reply and best place for this is within the order itself.

Can anyone shed any light as i can't find any info on this anywhere.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D S Appliances Ltd View Post
Hi,
I am currently trying to integrate an external SMS App into my store. I know i can use the order notification API to tell my SMS app when to send and to who.

What i would like to know is, if they reply to that message (with a preferred delivery day for example) does ECWID have the ability to let me write that reply into the order. The info will probably have to go into the additional requirements field. I need lots of people to be able to see the reply and best place for this is within the order itself.

Can anyone shed any light as i can't find any info on this anywhere.

Thanks
Hello!

If I’ve got the right idea, what needs to be done in this case is to be able to edit already placed orders and populate some field with what the SMS app provides, right?

It’s totally possible, I can suggest using Ecwid API v3 here to allow editing orders with info from replies. Here’s an article on it, where you’ll find all the info you might need, in “Orders” section: http://api.ecwid.com/#using-ecwid-api

Also, while several fields can be utilized to place replies, I think the best would be to utilize “Order comments” field. And - yes, it will be visible in Ecwid control panel, in order info.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, api communication