The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Need help with duplicating category lists

I have created this long list of categories (much longer than the screenshot).

I would like to be able to copy this entire list, named 'Complete Air Ride Kits' a further 2 times to save me a lot of time, there are separate products that need to go on but the categories are exactly the same. Is this possible?

I have checked on the other threads but they do not seem to be up to date/relevant.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sakjnckj.png
Views:	247
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	3730  
Old 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Dan,

Although it is not possible to simply duplicate some categories, you can import necessary categories structure via CSV file. This can be done in Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products section. Once you are there, you will need to click on the “Import products” button and then “X-Cart” tab.

As you can see in the above screenshot, you can specify your own category path separator there - you can use any character which doesn’t occur in the category names, so please do not use / as separator as you already have it in your subcategory names). You will need to use the chosen separator in your CSV file itself.

As regards the format required for categories in CSV file, here it is: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...wid#categories

So your CSV file will look similar to my example below (I’m using semicolon as delimiter and | as category path separator there):

Code:
[CATEGORIES]
!CATEGORY;!AVAIL;!ORDERBY
New|Audi|A1/S1;Y;1
New|Audi|A3/S3/RS3|8L;Y;2
You can use some plain text editor to prepare a file for import and, when it’s ready, you can save it as CSV and import it into your store.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, duplicate