The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:06 AM

How to remove the Category icon image ONLY?

I have embedded my Ecwid store onto my Wix site. (code is embedded; I did not integrate it using the Ecwid/wix app feature)

If I use the css code Edwid provides to remove the category icons, it also removes the category links as well. However, when I visit the actual Ecwid storefront from the control panel, the links are there; just not on the wix site.

How do I remove the image icons from Wix, while keeping the category links there?
If I insert the category menu widget, the links do not even work.. And the design does not match so I don't want to use the widget at all.

See image below.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karah Cheramie View Post
I have embedded my Ecwid store onto my Wix site. (code is embedded; I did not integrate it using the Ecwid/wix app feature)

If I use the css code Edwid provides to remove the category icons, it also removes the category links as well. However, when I visit the actual Ecwid storefront from the control panel, the links are there; just not on the wix site.

How do I remove the image icons from Wix, while keeping the category links there?
If I insert the category menu widget, the links do not even work.. And the design does not match so I don't want to use the widget at all.

See image below.

Hello Karah,

Ecwid Customer Care team here. Thanks for your post!

First off, I would not recommend to use the integration code for installing Ecwid on a Wix website. Due to the iframe layout of Wix websites it might, or I'd even say, it will bring issues.

Using the official Ecwid app for Wix is a much better way to go. Just in case, here's the article on how to use our app there: Ecwid on Wix

As for hiding category images, keeping the links intact, try these CSS codes:

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage .ecwid-productBrowser-subcategories-mainTable .ecwid-noimage {
  display: none;
}
.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage .ecwid-productBrowser-subcategories-categoryName {
  cursor: pointer;
}
The first one hides the default "no image" gift boxes, while the second one makes the cursor look as a pointer when you hover over the links.

If these codes still don't work as expected, please send me the link to your Wix website with Ecwid installed – I'll check it right there.

Hope this helps.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:45 PM

Thank you, that worked actually!

I know I should probably use the app for wix, especially since the iframe isn't mobile responsive..
but some of the custom designing I was trying to fix just would not work with it.. Maybe I was doing something wrong. I will try it again though.

But for now, could you help me customize some other things?

So after removing the icons, is there a way I can close the gap some between the two categories?
Also move it up a little towards the top.
And add a page title that reads SHOP ALL LASHES.
Or add the title at the top, above the categories? which ever is easiest.

See image.

Also, should I post a separate thread for help with the other things?
I had one made already regarding some of the things, but no response yet.
https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthr...795#post152795

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, category icons, wix