The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 AM

Permanent Pinterest icon showing

Hi,

I'm just creating my shop at the moment. Is it possible for pinterest icon to show permanently - not when customer hovers over share?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri Cliss1 View Post
Hi,

I'm just creating my shop at the moment. Is it possible for pinterest icon to show permanently - not when customer hovers over share?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

By default, when you open a product page the sharing panel under the product options box (on the product details page) is hidden. The pinterest sharing button is also there, and hence it is displayed when a customer mouses over that 'Share' link. After the mouse leaves the sharing panel, the panel disappears in few seconds.

Why we implemented it this way:

1. It makes loading of your store faster.
In fact, each sharing button is an <iframe> element - a webpage inside a webpage - and it loads needed content and code from corresponding social network servers. The thing is it may take some extra resources and time for a browser to render such elements. In Ecwid, the buttons inside the sharing panel don't start loading and using the browser's resources until a visitor mouses over or clicks the 'Share' panel. It means that Ecwid product pages load as fast as usual, so don't worry about it even if you enable all sharing buttons in your store.

2. It looks better.
This approach prevents the social button widgets from taking too much space on the page. So the product details page layout remains clear, customers see the buttons only when they want to use them.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.