The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 PM

does google index ecwid if I dont use mobile catalog

I have products I am reselling - my wholesaler supplies me with a spreadsheet that also contains the product description. There are potentially over 200 + products.
If I keep the product description the same, and decide not to use the mobile catalog, does this mean Google will not index the ecwid product description ?
If it does, does that mean I wont have a duplicate content issue ?

As I will use unique content description on a category level instead, and then SEO optimise ther individual product pages that I think will convert.

My other choice is use the mobile catalog and then re write the product description for each product - I'd appreciate any advice please.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM

There are many ways which allow Google to index Ecwid stores and mobile catalogs are only one of them. The other tools which can help you to make your store indexable are Site Pages and Inline SEO Catalog. For more details please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/SEO .

It is recommended to use unique descriptions instead of the duplicate ones. You can partially rewrite what you have from your wholesaler, keeping the sense of each description but changing the exact turns and words - this is a rather common SEO technique to get a unique content.

This along with our proposed SEO listing technologies can give a lot of SEO value to your shop.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
catalog, duplicate content, reselling