The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:41 AM

Wrong Paypal email - Where did payment go?

I had a Paypal account attached to my ecwid account. I changed the email for my paypal account and deleted the original one but did not change the email address in my ecwid account. I got an order but the money did not into my paypal account because the is no paypal account using the old email anymore. I need to figure out how to get that money either put in my paypal account or cancelled and given back to the customer.

I have gone in and added the old email to my paypal account as a secondary email and verified it but I do not see the funds yet. I read this in your forums as an answer to a similar question. This payment came through in the end of May. Customer is wanting to know what is going on. I don't have his funds to cancel.

Please help.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAX ATV View Post
I had a Paypal account attached to my ecwid account. I changed the email for my paypal account and deleted the original one but did not change the email address in my ecwid account. I got an order but the money did not into my paypal account because the is no paypal account using the old email anymore. I need to figure out how to get that money either put in my paypal account or cancelled and given back to the customer.

I have gone in and added the old email to my paypal account as a secondary email and verified it but I do not see the funds yet. I read this in your forums as an answer to a similar question. This payment came through in the end of May. Customer is wanting to know what is going on. I don't have his funds to cancel.

Please help.
Hello!

Thank you for the question. I am very sorry to hear you ave faced this issue.

As you know Ecwid itself and, in particular, your Ecwid account doesn't deal with your customers' money: Ecwid doesn't collect, held or process your money in any way. Instead, Ecwid integrates with a variety of payment gateways which make the payment transactions from your buyers to you. So, Ecwid serves as a transmitter in your transactions: it collects your customer's information, saves it for you to be able to see your customers and sales later, and passes it to special payment systems - third party payment gateways/processors that specialize in processing credit cards and provide security level required for storing and manipulating with such sensitive data.

In fact in this exact case I suggest you contact with PayPal support team and ask them what you should do now or if they could somehow transfer the money from your old deleted account to the new one.

Hope this helps. If any additional questions appear - please feel free to ask. We are very glad to help you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.