The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:45 PM

Payment details - hidden field needs resolution

Hi. I have seen a number of people post in the forum about not being able to proceed even though all the visible required fields are filled.

The explanation given is that a field that has been removed (hidden) is preventing the purchase from moving forward.

The solution given -- at least the ones I've been able to find -- is to clear your browser's cache and try it again.

Indeed, this works...once.

Oftentimes, someone working with our organization will need to walk customers through the purchase process (either because of lack of computer experience, lack of internet access, or lack of a device altogether). Therefore, person working with our organization will be using the same device repeatedly for numerous customers -- sometimes one after the other.

SO, we need a solution to this that doesn't require clearing the browser every time.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Bryant View Post
Hi. I have seen a number of people post in the forum about not being able to proceed even though all the visible required fields are filled.

The explanation given is that a field that has been removed (hidden) is preventing the purchase from moving forward.

The solution given -- at least the ones I've been able to find -- is to clear your browser's cache and try it again.

Indeed, this works...once.

Oftentimes, someone working with our organization will need to walk customers through the purchase process (either because of lack of computer experience, lack of internet access, or lack of a device altogether). Therefore, person working with our organization will be using the same device repeatedly for numerous customers -- sometimes one after the other.

SO, we need a solution to this that doesn't require clearing the browser every time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi!

I apologize for keeping you waiting.

As I get it, the problem is as follows.
on the last checkout page, when you hit ‘continue’ the store doesn’t allow you to go further and displays error that some required fields are empty. Normally this happens e.g. with password fields. But I see you hid the password block on checkout page. We heard about the same problem before and discussed it on the forums indeed. For ex. This thread:
https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26645
I assume this is your case as well: the browser has an add-on to remember passwords, it recorded a password at the time the password block was there. Next time the user visits this page, the browser tries to auto populate these fields. But the password block has two fields: ‘enter password’ and ‘retype password’. Usually browsers don’t auto populate ‘retype password’ fields. As a result, only one field is filled in, hence is the error.

I can suggest you three solutions:

User browsing your store should locate the browser add-on remembering passwords and disable it.
Put back the password block.
For that, find and delete this code in your CSS theme in Ecwid control panel:

Code:
table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button, div.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock {
display:none;
}
The fields will appear again and the problem will no longer be there. Customers are not required to create accounts on checkout in your store anyway. But I understand that you hid the fields on purpose.

3. It’s possible to develop a script that will force auto populate of all the fields. This can be done based on our Javascript API, and will need custom programming. We can do it for you on paid basis.

Please, let me know which option you choose.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:28 PM

None of those really work for us. (#1 is individual-based; it doesn't solve it for new customers who run into this problem. #2 adds a field that is confusing; and our customers are from all over the world, many with English as their second language or even very limited. And we don't have a budget for #3.)

We'll just leave it as is, knowing that it's a possible glitch, and having to deal with this as customers report it (by walking them through clearing their cache).

If it gets fixed, please let us know.

Thanks for your time.

Scott
Old 05-17-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
None of those really work for us. (#1 is individual-based; it doesn't solve it for new customers who run into this problem. #2 adds a field that is confusing; and our customers are from all over the world, many with English as their second language or even very limited. And we don't have a budget for #3.)

We'll just leave it as is, knowing that it's a possible glitch, and having to deal with this as customers report it (by walking them through clearing their cache).

Thanks for your time.

Scott
Hi,

I don’t want to leave you with the options that are not convenient for you. Let me comment on the variants:
1.User browsing your store should locate the browser add-on remembering passwords and disable it - this one is about repeat customers, i.e. those who visited your store before and, moreover, entered something in the passwords fields. Any new customer who visit your store for the first time should not have such a problem because he has never filled the fields earlier.
2.About different languages. Ecwid supports many languages, you can enable them in your control panel (Settings - Control Panel - General - Languages ). The language will be determined by the visitor’s browser settings. So if you have, e.g., French enabled in the control panel and customer’s browser is in French, those wordings about password will be in French. More information about it you will find here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1673139

And I think I have found a solution with CSS. I need some time to think it over. I’ll update you shortly.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Thanks for your time.

Scott
Hi,

I apologize for keeping you waiting.

I have not found a solution with CSS, but can suggest you another way by javascript.
I’m happy to tell you that we’ve just made up a script that will force auto populate of all the fields.

Code:
<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>
<script>
function ClearPass() {
  $('.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock input').val("");
};
Ecwid.OnPageLoaded.add(function(page) {
  if ('CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_DETAILS' == page.type) {
    ClearPass();
    $('.ecwid-btn--continue').hover(function() {
      ClearPass();
    });
  };
});
</script>
You should add this code to the source code of the page where Ecwid is installed. Please, go to your Wordpress Admin panel and add the script this way and then save it.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:17 PM

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate that you would continue your efforts to solve this.

Question: Will the script, added to the source code, auto-populate ALL fields, or just the hidden one that can be problematic?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Alex. I appreciate that you would continue your efforts to solve this.

Question: Will the script, added to the source code, auto-populate ALL fields, or just the hidden one that can be problematic?
Hi,

I apologize, I put it wrongly in my previous message. The script will clear out (not auto populate, but I guess it should be ok too) two fields - “Password” and “Retype Password” when user will hover a cursor over button “Continue”.

I will describe how it works:
Code:
function ClearPass() {
  $('.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock input').val("");
This rule uses a function that will clear out only two fields which are hidden, they are named PasswordBlock.

Code:
Ecwid.OnPageLoaded.add(function(page) {
  if ('CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_DETAILS' == page.type) {
    ClearPass();
This rule locates the page where the fields are hidden.

Code:
$('.ecwid-btn--continue').hover(function() {
      ClearPass();
And this rule makes condition to use the first rule only if user hovers a cursor over the button “Continue”.

Thus the script can affect none of the other fields nor pages.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Karl For This Useful Post:
scottt (05-25-2016), smartMart (05-26-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 03:52 PM

Wow. Cool. Thank you so much, Alex!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
payment details