The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:53 AM

paypal doesn't add tax or shipping into the total

HI, I'm just setting up my store. When click check out on my site it states exactly how much i will pay incl tax and shipping.When paypal opens the payment page, it only says the amount for the product not including tax or shipping. what am I not doing correctly?
Old 02-02-2016, 04:15 AM

Nicole, My experience in the past: If you have that information set up in your control panel, which it sounds like you do, then the details do not show up in the PayPal until one actually is finishing out the buy.

hope that helps until the Ecwid team gets in.

I was testing mine tonight and found that when I got into that section with PayPal - I could see all the information you are referring to in my store test and was able to back out of it all without actually using the test product function.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebecca lea For This Useful Post:
Lissa Forbes (03-18-2016), Shirley Wilsey (03-18-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole481 View Post
HI, I'm just setting up my store. When click check out on my site it states exactly how much i will pay incl tax and shipping.When paypal opens the payment page, it only says the amount for the product not including tax or shipping. what am I not doing correctly?
Hi Nicole!

I’m very sorry that you faced this issue! I’d be happy to help you with it!

I inspected your site http://www.beautyfixx.org/#!shop-online/co2 and didn’t manage to reproduce the issue. I added a product to the bag, proceeded to the checkout and saw the order total including tax and shipping rate. See a screenshot: http://take.ms/gRtTi
I saw the same order total at the paypal order summary page. Please, have a look: http://take.ms/sQoOL

If you still can reproduce the issue, please send me some details for troubleshooting:

a screenshot of the whole page with the issue
  • what product did you add to bag
  • what shipping location did you enter

If the order total, formed in Ecwid, doesn’t match the order total displayed on Paypal site, most likely, you are using PayPal's taxes or shipping rates (enabled in your PayPal merchant account). These rates are appended to the order total when customer is redirected to PayPal. You need to check your PayPal manager account for tax and shipping settings, and disable them if any.

Looking forward to receiving your reply. I’m always glad to assist!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:31 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca lea View Post
Nicole, My experience in the past: If you have that information set up in your control panel, which it sounds like you do, then the details do not show up in the PayPal until one actually is finishing out the buy.

hope that helps until the Ecwid team gets in.

I was testing mine tonight and found that when I got into that section with PayPal - I could see all the information you are referring to in my store test and was able to back out of it all without actually using the test product function.
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks Rebecca for your response. I tried your suggestion and found the same thing. It does add the proper tax and shipping. Breathing a sigh of relief.

laf

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.