The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 AM

Question

A big problem with choosing shipping methods according to minimum order

Ok, I have a pretty big problem. I have 2 types of products. Let's call them Type 1 and Type 2

I made a custom shipping method called "Delivery" that I made, and it's applied only to certain zip codes.

Products of Type 1 should use only this shipping method, and I also put a minimum weight of 5 lb and minimum total value of $25, which works perfectly. If someone orders less than 5 lb, or less than 25 dollars, the message appears telling the customer that he should order more.

But if I want to add products of Type 2 I get into a problem, because Type 2 can use two shipping methods. Type 2 can be delivered just like Type 1, but I would like to apply only the rule for minimum value of $25 to it. This is because Type 2 is very lightweight, and more expensive than Type 1, so I can't ask my customers to order 5 lb of it.
Also, Type 2 can be shipped, so I want to enable USPS shipping method to it.

Please tell me if all this is possible to do. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Let's simplify it this way. One type of product should be available only for certain zip codes, and for this type of product only custom made shipping method should be available (free delivery). The other type of product should be available for free delivery to the same zip codes as Product type one, and it should have USPS shipping option for the rest of USA.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Wow, I just discovered that Ecwid doesn't support shipping by category or product. My god, what I'm gonna do now. This is an essential feature for me. I closed the store for maintenance and now I'm sitting here thinking what to do...
Old 05-11-2012, 04:28 PM

Oh boy.. I guess I will just have to move to some other shopping cart until Ecwid gets this feature. There is no other solution. I hope it's gonna be in the next version.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
custom, minimum, order, shipping