The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Just had another 2 customers yesderday that could not check out. This is happening every day now. I have alot of customers that have no problem and everything works great. But I get atleast 2-3 customers a day that can not check out and I am losing business. I am currently searching around for a new shopping cart for my website incase this can not be resolved. I can not afford to lose all of this business because a shopping cart a pay for can does not work like it should. I can also not call anyone about the problem which is very frustrating. Please respond ASAP with a fix or what is going on.

Here is what the last customer said:
hey, matt! i have no idea why i can't ever figure out how to use your shopping cart! i get to enter info, but then i can't get past step 2. i can't ever find the next button to push! anyway, here's what i need:

Thanks Matt
Old 05-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Decal World View Post
Just had another 2 customers yesderday that could not check out. This is happening every day now. I have alot of customers that have no problem and everything works great. But I get atleast 2-3 customers a day that can not check out and I am losing business. I am currently searching around for a new shopping cart for my website incase this can not be resolved. I can not afford to lose all of this business because a shopping cart a pay for can does not work like it should. I can also not call anyone about the problem which is very frustrating. Please respond ASAP with a fix or what is going on.

Here is what the last customer said:
hey, matt! i have no idea why i can't ever figure out how to use your shopping cart! i get to enter info, but then i can't get past step 2. i can't ever find the next button to push! anyway, here's what i need:

Thanks Matt
At this point it is unclear what exactly causes this problem. We thoroughly understand how important this is and how it impacts your business, and we are eager to fix this as soon as possible.

But at the moment neither you, nor anybody in Ecwid team, nor our respected and helpful community members could ever reproduce this problem in your store. Neither Ecwid team ever got any similar message from 60,000+ of other Ecwid merchants. So we presume that the problem is somehow connected to your particular website.

In order to find out what is going on and how to fix that we need your help to investigate the case, because it is you who has a direct connection to the customers experiencing this and who can make changes to the site.

As soon as you get another message from your customer regarding this problem, please ask him/her the following:

1. What is exact version of browser where the problem occurred (usually it is browser's menu, Help → About, for many browsers the menu is now under wrench icon on the right)

2. Can your customer please send a screenshot of the problem (the last page s/he could come up to, the process of taking screenshot is described at http://take-a-screenshot.org )

3. Is there the same problem on the simple store: http://tdw.ecwid.com/simple-store (this is your full Ecwid store, but embedded as an example on our site, it is possible to do the checkout there). Your customer will need to put the same products with the same options into bag and try to checkout again and tell you if it works now.

With answers to these questions we will be able to find the solution for this problem.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Just had another custom not able to check out. That is 2 more customers so far today. Each one was using IE and after they enter their shipping address and click on the shipping method there is no "Continue" button on their page. What is going on with this? It is just the shopping cart. It has nothing to do with my word press site? If I didnt have so many items I would have switched carts already to a new site. How do I get someone to call me? Need this fixed and I have giving all of the information you need? She was in Ohio and in the US. So I know USPS ships there.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Decal World View Post
Just had another custom not able to check out. That is 2 more customers so far today. Each one was using IE and after they enter their shipping address and click on the shipping method there is no "Continue" button on their page. What is going on with this? It is just the shopping cart. It has nothing to do with my word press site? If I didnt have so many items I would have switched carts already to a new site. How do I get someone to call me? Need this fixed and I have giving all of the information you need? She was in Ohio and in the US. So I know USPS ships there.
Hi,
1. Your shopping cart works inside your site, so it can affect how your store works.

2. Unfortunately you didn't provide the information we need to investigate this problem. Please let me quote Rimmer's post:

Quote:
1. What is exact version of browser where the problem occurred (usually it is browser's menu, Help → About, for many browsers the menu is now under wrench icon on the right)

2. Can your customer please send a screenshot of the problem (the last page s/he could come up to, the process of taking screenshot is described at http://take-a-screenshot.org )

3. Is there the same problem on the simple store: http://tdw.ecwid.com/simple-store (this is your full Ecwid store, but embedded as an example on our site, it is possible to do the checkout there). Your customer will need to put the same products with the same options into bag and try to checkout again and tell you if it works now.

With answers to these questions we will be able to find the solution for this problem.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-21-2011, 03:43 AM

Hey DecalWorld! I went to your site and noticed that you are still using Ecwid on your website (nice site btw...). Can I assume this means you were able to solve the issues your customers were having??? I ask this because I have been using Ecwid for a week now and I think some of my customers have been having similar issues. A quick fix would be great if you can help. I would love to hear about your current experience with Ecwid and how you improved your customers experience. Thanks!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.