The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Ecwid Team

Ecwid announces new service plans. No price changes for our existing users.

Hi Fellow Ecwid Users,

We have some updated service plan information to share with you. Ecwid will be changing our plan offerings at the end of September, and wanted to let you know what new choices will be available for you and for our future customers. The new Ecwid service plans will include the following options: http://www.ecwid.com/plans-and-pricing.html

If you already are a registered Ecwid user on our free (Basic) or premium (Silver) plans, you will continue to receive the same level of service you currently receive today – forever. There will be no change to the current features or pricing you receive, unless you choose to upgrade to one of our new service plans.

More details: http://www.ecwid.com/blog/ecwid-news...ing-users.html

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Here is our issue, what happens when we go to update our credit card information? Last time you guys told us to cancel our account and then reapply for the silver plan. I would suspect if we try to do this type of work around moving forward that we would not be grand fathered into the silver plan. Our financial institution has required us to have our numbers updated every 6 months due to credit card pro scammers. Last time we tried contacting the company you guys use to process payment, but they never responded to our emails and the work around was to cancel our current subscription and re apply for silver... the new pricing structure doesn't have a silver plan.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
Here is our issue, what happens when we go to update our credit card information? Last time you guys told us to cancel our account and then reapply for the silver plan. I would suspect if we try to do this type of work around moving forward that we would not be grand fathered into the silver plan. Our financial institution has required us to have our numbers updated every 6 months due to credit card pro scammers. Last time we tried contacting the company you guys use to process payment, but they never responded to our emails and the work around was to cancel our current subscription and re apply for silver... the new pricing structure doesn't have a silver plan.
You will be able to update your credit card without losing your "old" Silver plan. If you're eligible for the grandfathering, then billing info changes or temporary downgrading because of the problems with the card will not affect your ability to use the old plan.

The only change we are going to introduce is if you change your billing info, your credit card will be stored and processed by Cybersource instead of 2Checkout (our old payment gateway).

Old 09-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Thanks, that's good to know, I have around 20 clients that are currently using the free version, I have sent out a mass email letting them know about the new pricing structure, I have told them they will not need to worry about upgrading their account until they are ready.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
Thanks, that's good to know, I have around 20 clients that are currently using the free version, I have sent out a mass email letting them know about the new pricing structure, I have told them they will not need to worry about upgrading their account until they are ready.
Thank you, Derek.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM

I think you guys are moving in the right direction, but this hasn't been fully thought out.

Quote:
Some Ecwid plans have a maximum monthly transaction volume, i.e. if your total number of successful transactions is more than the maximum revenue volume, you will be prompted to upgrade to the next plan in order to process additional transactions.
So lets says I'm on the free plan and I get hit by a Hurricane, which just happened and we were without power for about 2 days. So I'm without power for 2 days and I go over the monthly transaction volume, without power I cannot access the internet, so new customers will lose sales because their customers will have some kind of error messages stating the store has hit it's monthly transaction volume and they will need to go else where in order to purchase?

Can you guys clarify the process here for everyone? It seems very confusing and doesn't clearly point out the what happens to customers who try to purchase on a store that just recently hit it's monthly transaction volume.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for the good question, Derek. Yes, we need to clarify this thing further.

One of our main goals and drivers for our decisions is to make sure Ecwid merchants will never have disriptions in their selling. This affects our product decisions a lot. For example if you are on the "Silver" plan and your credit card has expired, you will still have 7 days before we downgrade you. And if you contact us, we will extend this grace period without questions. Even if you are downgraded, we will not remove any extra products, they will be still be available for purchase. And so on.

The situation with monthly transaction volume isn't an exception. Even if you hit by a limit, your customers will still be able to place orders in your store. No error messages. No restrictions in the storefront or during checkout. However you will need to upgrade to _process_ these orders. And if for some reason you cannot upgrade right now (credit card changes can take some time, we know), just contact us at billing@ecwid.com and we will extend the paid period while you're fixing the billing issue.

How the transaction volume is calculated: it is the total sum of all Accepted and Queued orders for the last 30 days. If you're going to hit the limit soon, you will see a warning in the control panel. If some order has been cancelled or you placed some test ones, just switch their statuses to "Cancelled" or "Declined" and they will not be counted.

And I want to mention again that our current "Silver" merchants will not have any monthly transaction limits.

The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Sendy (09-18-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. Shouldn't the monthly volume transactional limits not include shipping charges?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Hello
What about new features? Will them be avaible to existing Silver accounts?
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Kuznetsov View Post
Hello
What about new features? Will them be avaible to existing Silver accounts?
Yes, new features will be available to existing "Silver" users.

The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Elegance Reef (09-06-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
help!, link, option, silver, silver account, upgrade, upgrade to premium