The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Can Sub-Totals, Totals, and quantity be removed from shopping cart/check out?

Hi,
I am setting up a store for my service business but the products (services) I sell will be recurring and the customer will be charged for the service each time it is provided. The only thing I need to show the customer is the cost for the individual service(s), but when multiple services are added to cart it shows a grand total for all items.

Can the total, the quantity, and the subtotals be removed from the shopping cart?
Also, can quantity be removed from products?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello Marco,

Thanks for reaching us out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Anemone View Post
Can the total, the quantity, and the subtotals be removed from the shopping cart?
Also, can quantity be removed from products?
Ecwid allows you to change the layout of your storefront in any way you want by adding CSS rules in your Ecwid control panel.

In order to do that, just go to your Ecwid control panel > System Settings > Design > CSS Themes and add a necessary CSS code to your existing CSS theme.

I have examined your store and it looks like you have already figured out how to do that, because there are no quantity and total labels/columns in your store (see screenshots). Good job!

But I still see the Subtotal column on the Checkout page. If you want to delete this column, just add the below code to your custom CSS theme as I mentioned before:

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-headerCell-subtotal { display: none; }
.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell-subtotal { display: none; }
You can learn more about managing the Ecwid layout in our articles about changing Ecwid design and customizing Ecwid CSS.

I hope this helps! If there are any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. We will be glad to help you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Marco Anemone (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 04:04 PM

Kirill, Thank you so much! this certainly cleans it up more for me.

I am having another challenge however. And please bear with me as I am in no way tech savy. Here goes. I provide services to my clients and need to use the "Shipping Address" as a "Service address". I tried changing some labels using code generated in the Ecwid Translate Tool and incerting it into the CCC Theme but I had no luck. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Am I supposed to incert into the CCC? if so where? ive read to insert before any Ecwid code but honestly, I'm not even sure what that is.

Below is the code I used and I tried pasting it at the bottom of the CCC, with the CCC, etc.

<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"AddressBook.add":"Add new service address",
"AddressBook.edit":"Edit service address",
"AddressBookItem.ship_to":"Service this address",
"BreadCrumbs.shipping_details":"Service address details",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.wrong_address":"Wrong service address. Please check that you've entered a valid two-letter state code or a full name, and you've not misspelled city or street name.",
"CheckoutView.choose_address":"Choose service address",
"CheckoutView.shipping_details":"Service address details",
"FBAutofillCheckout.Summary.ship_to":"Service this address",
"FBAutofillCheckout.Summary.shipping_method_period ":"N/A"
}
</script>

There are many more fields/labels that I will need to change, and should be able to do so... once I know how! Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
There are many more fields/labels that I will need to change, and should be able to do so... once I know how! Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
Ok Marco, let’s figure it out together.

As you already know, Ecwid allows you to change most of the labels in the store and in order to make the code generated by Ecwid Translate Tool work, you need to add this code to your store page.

Usually, you are adding it by editing your site files or, if you are using a CMS, by pasting it to a special field in the site administrator area.

But since your Ecwid store is registered via Wix and you are using our plugin for Wix, it is even easier. The generated JavaScript code should be added in the Advanced settings field in the Wix editor area:
  1. Open your Wix admin area, choose Edit site, then open the page where you added Ecwid app.
  2. Place the cursor on the area with shop and double click. A popup window with app settings will appear.
  3. Scroll down to the Advanced settings. There will be a text box where you can add the code.
  4. Add your code to the text box and close this popup. Save the changes and click Publish button.

That is all! After these steps you should see modified labels.

If you still have some questions, feel free to ask them! As always, I will be glad to help.

Marco Anemone (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 01:13 PM

Thank you Kirill! After searching thru google and the Ecwid help section for some time I was able to figure it out. However now I have another question. Earlier you provided help in order to stop from displaying the qty and the sub-total columns in the check out screen, however they still appears in the next screen, the Place Order screen. Can you tell me how to change that as well?. Also, is there tool similiar to the Ecwid translate tool that can help identify the labels/tables/etc.? Thanks again for your help!
Old 03-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you Kirill! After searching thru google and the Ecwid help section for some time I was able to figure it out. However now I have another question. Earlier you provided help in order to stop from displaying the qty and the sub-total columns in the check out screen, however they still appears in the next screen, the Place Order screen. Can you tell me how to change that as well?
You are doing a great job.

Alright, if I understand you correctly, you want to get rid of quantity and total labels which are selected in the screenshot:

So, just go to your Ecwid control panel > System Settings > Design > CSS Themes as you did before and add the below CSS code to your custom CSS:

Code:
.ecwid-Invoice-itemsTable-cell-price-compact-subtotal { display: none; }
.ecwid-Invoice-itemsTable-cell-price-compact-qty { display: none; }
.ecwid-Invoice-itemsTable-cell-price-compact-times { display: none; }
Quote:
Also, is there tool similiar to the Ecwid translate tool that can help identify the labels/tables/etc.? Thanks again for your help!
In order to know how to find out the CSS style name of the UI element that you want to change or hide, please, refer to our article that I mentioned before. Also, you can watch a detailed video tutorial about changing CSS styles in Ecwid.

Last edited by Kirill Dvoryanskov; 03-16-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Marco Anemone (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Kirill, you have been most helpful! I did as you suggested, watched the video and was able to figure out after some trial and error how to make the changes. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The Following User Says Thank You to Marco Anemone For This Useful Post:
Cyril D (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Kirill, you have been most helpful! I did as you suggested, watched the video and was able to figure out after some trial and error how to make the changes. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Thank you for the kind words Marco. I'm very glad you managed to sort it out! If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:00 PM

Can I remove the quantity box for only the items in a certain category?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textworkers View Post
Can I remove the quantity box for only the items in a certain category?
Hello!
Thank you for reaching out!

You can hide the quantity field using CSS, but if you would like to hide it from several products assigned to one category, you will need to apply the code to every Product Details page manually.

To do so, go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design and insert the following CSS code to your active custom CSS theme:
Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456 div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel  {
display: none;
}
Please, remember to change the 123456 value to the Product Details pages ID. You can find more information on how to change design of certain store pages in the following article: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...ain-pages-only

If you have any further questions, we are always glad to help.

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.