The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Cheapest Shipping is not showing

I have three shipping options enabled:

USPS Priority
USPS Standard Package
USPS First Class Package

Most of my items only weigh around 2 ounces so would fall within the USPS First CLass Package Category. This turns out to be very affordable for my customers -only about $2 or so in shipping fees.

For some reason no matter what I pick when I test the site, the only shipping option shown ends up Priority Mail -at around $6

How do I get it to respond to USPS First Class Package.
In my old shopping cart and according to USPS small packages under 13 ounces should fall within the USPS First Class Package rule.

Why isn't the ecwid offering it to the customers?

I do see a First Class option that I could enable but I am worried that would then only calculate the First Class Letter rate - my items are in small boxes and would not meet the letter criteria.

What do I need to change to make this work? I am ready to go live. I have the venture plan.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin Baker View Post
I have three shipping options enabled:

USPS Priority
USPS Standard Package
USPS First Class Package

Most of my items only weigh around 2 ounces so would fall within the USPS First CLass Package Category. This turns out to be very affordable for my customers -only about $2 or so in shipping fees.

For some reason no matter what I pick when I test the site, the only shipping option shown ends up Priority Mail -at around $6

How do I get it to respond to USPS First Class Package.
In my old shopping cart and according to USPS small packages under 13 ounces should fall within the USPS First Class Package rule.

Why isn't the ecwid offering it to the customers?

I do see a First Class option that I could enable but I am worried that would then only calculate the First Class Letter rate - my items are in small boxes and would not meet the letter criteria.

What do I need to change to make this work? I am ready to go live. I have the venture plan.
Hello,

I have inspected your shipping methods and was able to reproduce the issue.

Actually you are right - you should not use USPS First Class Package method in your store but U.S.P.S. First-Class Mail® method. Do not worry - you are able to set Domestic shipment first class mail type as “parcel” in Ecwid so your products will fit in it.

I have just set up my test store with these settings using your origin address and shipping methods - and it works great. I put some products in the shopping bag then proceeded to checkout, filled in some addresses in Texas and California states and First-Class Mail® shipping rates were shown for me.

Here are my screenshots:

And here are the steps you should make to set it up:

1. Go to Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Shipping
2. Click on your U.S.P.S carrier calculated method
3. Disable First Class Package and enable First-Class Mail®
4. Proceed to the next step and click “Settings” link here
5. Choose Parcel as your domestic shipment first class mail type and set up parcel dimensions
6. Save

Please set up USPS shipping methods in your store this way and post here your results.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:38 PM

oh excellent. that works now. Thank You

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.