The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:02 AM

Smile

Menu Bar Popup on vertical categories menu

Hi, I need to know how to distinguish in CSS the different popup bar menu on the 1st level, 2nd level, ... what to assign different caracters to each.

Thank you
Old 10-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurocasa Umbria View Post
Hi, I need to know how to distinguish in CSS the different popup bar menu on the 1st level, 2nd level, ... what to assign different caracters to each.

Thank you
Hello,

Ecwid Customer Care team is here.

Thank you for your message! I'd be happy to help you with it.

I see what you mean. I'm sorry, you can not change the Vertical categories widget like this.

Yet, I have a workaround for you, in this case. I highly recommend you to use Ecwid Horizontal categories widget, instead. Comparing to Vertical categories widget, the Horizontal categories widget has a fully responsive design. It will be displayed as the horizontal menu at the desktop version of your site and at the same time, it will turn into the vertical dropdown menu on mobile devices.

Here is how it looks like on the desktop, for example:

Moreover, you can achieve what you want and change the font of the categories titles of the different levels. You should use this CSS code:

Code:
/* root categories, first level category links */ 
span.ecwid-categories-category { 
  font-size:16px; 
} 
/* subcategories, second level category links */ 
div.ecwid-categoriesMenuBar span.ecwid-categories-category { 
  font-size:14px; 
} 
/* 3rd, 4th, etc level category links */ 
div.ecwid-categories-MenuBarPopup div.ecwid-categoriesMenuBar span.ecwid-categories-category { 
  font-size:13px; 
}
Replace 16px, 14px and 13px with any values you want. You should insert the code into the bottom of your active CSS theme in your control panel > Settings > Design page > 'Edit theme' button. If you do not have a custom theme now, you should click on "Create CSS theme" button, like this: http://take.ms/POGrr then, click on "New CSS theme" button, like this: http://take.ms/fRBu1

To generate the code for the Horizontal categories widget, please, go to this article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...tal-Categories

I really hope this will help. Please, feel free to reach us out if any support is needed. We are always here and ready to help you.

Thanks!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.