The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:34 PM

Default Flat Fee Charge Per Order

I would like to charge a $3.00 flat fee per online order. A flat $ tax instead of a percentage would work great. I can see how to configure shipping flat rate but this would confuse my customers as my items are fees for a dance studio which do not ship. I use square and can add this fee on easily with a card swipe.

Is there a way to force an item into the cart as a default for each order. Then I could create an item labeled order processing fee.

Under discounts if you would allow negative discounts -$3.00 per order this would work along with being able to customize the name of the discount to processing fee. I would think this might be the easiest to change. Just allow for negative number in the discount field.

Thanks for any help
Eddie
Old 05-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

The ideal and most easiest solution out there is to set up a handling fee. It sounds like exactly what you need. It adds on independently of shipping or taxes, just as an additional processing fee.

Please, see follow these instructions on how to set up a handling fee:

1. Open Shipping & Pickup page of Ecwid control panel, scroll down till you see Handling fee tab and click "Set up a handling fee"

2. Set the name of the fee

3. Set the handling fee value. By default the handling fee is set as $0 and therefore it doesn’t show up on the shopping cart page.

4. Add a short description to inform your customers of what is included in the cost.

That's it!

Hope, it helps!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.