The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:11 PM

Default display different categories per page wordpress

Hi,
I have installed this cart on my wordpress site, amazing widget!
absolutely love it!

I am having trouble listing separate categories on each page.

My site has 2 links in the main menu which need the cart functionality.

Merchandise and tickets.

I need just the tickets to display on the tickets page and the merchandise to display on the merchandise page.

I have checked out the page:

Code:
By default, the Product Browser widget opens with a list of root category. But you can configure it to show a different category when user opens it for the first time.

You can do it by adding the following option to the Product Browser integration code:

defaultCategoryId=%categoryId%

Example

This code will open Ecwid Demo shop with default view (list of categories):

<div>
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1003'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'> 
xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style=");
</script>
</div>

I have tried this, but no luck.

Is there a shortcode way to do it? Should this <div> method above work??

thanks in advance..
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann hanks View Post
Hi,
I have installed this cart on my wordpress site, amazing widget!
absolutely love it!

I am having trouble listing separate categories on each page.

My site has 2 links in the main menu which need the cart functionality.

Merchandise and tickets.

I need just the tickets to display on the tickets page and the merchandise to display on the merchandise page.
Hi, can you post a link to your store?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 09-27-2010, 10:56 PM

Default store:

https://app.ecwid.com/jsp/176223/simple-store

I have been following this too:

Code:
Different categories for different sites

If you have many sites, you may want to show different Ecwid categories on different sites. For example, if you sell laptops, you may want to show the "Apple" category on the site about Apple, Dell laptops on your site about Dell and so on. At the same time you want to manage all sales and products in one place and use one Ecwid account.

How to do this:

* Create a disabled root category. So, the only root category in your store will be a disabled one.
    * Create enabled categories in the disabled one. One an enabled category per each site. Let's call them "site categories".
    * Move your product categories to the corresponding site categories.
    * Hide your breadcrumbs. You need to hide them, because the link to the disabled category in the breadcrumbs will point to the root store page, which will not have any enabled categories in your case.
    * Then use this option to open a particular site category on each site: Default category for product browser
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM

Dann, can you post a link to your store on your WordPress site, please.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi,

I was curious to how to add different categories to different pages as well. Thanks for any help on this.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The T-Shirt Lady View Post
Hi,

I was curious to how to add different categories to different pages as well. Thanks for any help on this.
Please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...roduct-browser

Old 02-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Default that code does not work!

<div> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1003'></script> <script type='text/javascript'> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3 ,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list"," style=","defaultCategoryId=3003"); </script> </div>

Does not work to show a specific category.. it shows more than one category not the items within the single category.

the url extension it produces is - #ecwid:category=1874515&inview=category3003&mode=c ategory&offset=0&sort=normal

it SHOULD produce - #ecwid:category=3003&mode=category&offset=0&sort=n ormal

I CANNOT GET ECWID TO SHOW ONE SINGLE CATEGORY ON A PAGE USING A DIV and HTML.

PLEASE ADVISE.

and no.
this link does not provide me an answer.
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...duct%20browser
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Ecwid Team

I have checked the code you provided and haven't found any errors in it. It works correctly and opens "iGoods" category of our demo store.

In order to adapt this code to your store you should change several parameters in it:

Code:
<div> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1003'></script> <script type='text/javascript'> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3 ,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list"," style=","defaultCategoryId=3003"); </script> </div>
1003 - is the ID of our demo store. You should change it to your store ID.

3003 - is the ID of iGoods category in our demo store and it also should be changed with ID of category of your store, which should be shown by default.

Also, could you, please, give me the link to your page where you have tried to show specific category of your Ecwid store? Thank you in advance.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
jamiek (12-08-2012)
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
I have checked the code you provided and haven't found any errors in it. It works correctly and opens "iGoods" category of our demo store.

In order to adapt this code to your store you should change several parameters in it:

Code:

3003 - is the ID of iGoods category in our demo store and it also should be changed with ID of category of your store, which should be shown by default.

Also, could you, please, give me the link to your page where you have tried to show specific category of your Ecwid store? Thank you in advance.

This is exactly what was needed. I was in the same boat of trying to figure out how to get a specific category to load on a page. The part that's missing on the Help page is that you need to change the store ID. I knew I had to change the coding to point to my store but i didn't know where to find my number and what it was called.

TY MAYA, I find a lot of your responses to be helpful and come with great help instructions.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:46 PM

Default Elimiate other categories from menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post

Code:

Maya, I got your code to work for me, but the layout still shows option to go to full store & hence access other categories. Can I tailor the code so that ONLY that one category is available where I embed it (no option to reach the other categories by clicking the main "store" link) I plan to use 1 main store to sell different products on different client pages of site, but don't want the users to click a link to other categories. possible?? thanks!
Brett

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, display, page, wordpress