The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Question

Modify Product Browser options in Control Panel as workaround for Google Sites?

Hello, I am trying to use ECWID for Google Sites but since I have to embed as a google gadget by URL I cannot add ECWID to my Google Site using the Product Browser Widget Code. This means I cannot edit the sections of code where for example I would put list view instead of grid, or 2x4 rows/columns instead of 3x3. Is it possible to edit those display settings in the ECWID user control panel instead, maybe in the System Settings?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 AM

bump
Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 PM

anyone? is the product display row/column setting not something I can change through control panel? Will it be added?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 AM

I also need help with the same issue!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Garden Australia View Post
I also need help with the same issue!
What is the address of your store? Do you use Google Sites?
Old 12-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Default Reply

Yes I am using Google Sites now. The address is:
https://sites.google.com/site/happygardenaustralia/

I have 2 issues at the moment:

1. I'd like the store to open on a specific page (e.g. the Product Types page)

2. I'd like to make all the products show on one page
(i.e. not have to press Page 1, Page 2, Page 3)

However, I can't seem to modify it through the Google Sites widget.

Any support would be most helpful!

Thanks,

JJ
Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM

hello?
Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Ecwid Team

By default, Ecwid opens a list of root category. But you can configure it to show a different category when user opens it for the first time.You should add “defaultCategoryId=Category_ID” parameter in widget code. Category_ID should be changed to ID of category which should be load by default (“Product Type” in your case). Please, refer to this article for details about usage of “defaultCategoryId” parameter: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...duct%20browser

In order to shown all category product on one page you should change number of products per page. Please, refer to this article for how to change the number of displayed products in each viewing mode in Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853305/...vancedSettings.

Currently you are using our default Google Gadget for Ecwid, which is the same for all users. Due to the peculiarity of Google Site, it isn't possible to modify the source code there. Google Site doesn't allow it. Therefore, if you want to change any settings in your store (default category ID and number of products per page), you should create new Google Gadget.

In order to create your own gadget you should:

1.Take the source code of our default gadget from: http://mdemo.ecwid.com/gadget-v2.
2. Find following code in both <Content> sections:
Code:
<div>
<script type='text/javascript'>if(!ecwid_gadget_compact) xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","style=","views=grid(3,3) list(10) table(20)");</script>
</div>
3. Change it as you need. For example, in this code
Code:
<div>
<script type='text/javascript'>if(!ecwid_gadget_compact) xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","style=","views=grid(3,10) list(50) table(50)" ,"defaultCategoryId=3003");</script>
</div>
I have added ‘defaultCategoryId=3003’ parameter, which allow to open category with ID=3003 by default. Also I have changed products per page for all view modes (From 9 (3x3) to 30 (3x10) in grid mode, from 10 to 50 in list mode and from 20 to 50 in table mode).

4. Once code of new Google gadget will be changed as you needed, go to this page: http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/tools.html#GGE and place your code in textarea there.
5. Click File → Save to save new Google gadget. Then click File → Publish to make it is available for the sites.
6. Go to your site page, where default Ecwid gadget is placed and insert created gadget instead of current one.

You can find detailed information how to create your gadget and use it on your Google Site here: http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/basic.html

Once you create your own Google Gadget, which sets up as you needed, you will be able to add it on your Google Site. After that your Ecwid store on your site will be shown as expected.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
DOArodents (03-23-2012)
Old 12-24-2011, 12:16 AM

let me just say thank you for your excellent customer service. I really appreciate the speed and completeness of your response, and I see why ECWID has been so successful with such a dedicated team behind it.

jj
Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 AM

Click File → Save to save new Google gadget. Then click File → Publish

when i click publish nothing happens

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
google sites, widget code