The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 PM
HoodiVision's Avatar
HoodiVision is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Remove "breadcrumbs" in WIX ecwid and add link to return to "categories" page


Can you remove "breadcrumbs" in a WIX ecwid store?

Plus in WIX breadcrumbs seem to be the only way to navigate back to the "Categories" or store home page. I tried adding a link to the page on my store name below my header in WIX. It loads the url into the browser but does not load the page unless I hit the browser reload.

So now I am going to try adding a link to return in the category description.
If that works I would really like to hide/remove the "breadcrumbs".

Thanks


fieldhttp://www.hoodivision.com
  #2  
Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Maya's Avatar
Maya Maya is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ecwid headquarter
Posts: 5,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodiVision View Post
Can you remove "breadcrumbs" in a WIX ecwid store?

Plus in WIX breadcrumbs seem to be the only way to navigate back to the "Categories" or store home page. I tried adding a link to the page on my store name below my header in WIX. It loads the url into the browser but does not load the page unless I hit the browser reload.

So now I am going to try adding a link to return in the category description.
If that works I would really like to hide/remove the "breadcrumbs".

Thanks


fieldhttp://www.hoodivision.com
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that our Wix app has problems with external links loading inside main iframe element. That is why, root category of Ecwid store is not loaded when you click on "Store" link in the menu. We have contacted with Wix support team regarding this problem and they are working on the solution in this very moment.

I will inform you when it is fixed. And thank you for your patience.

Once the problem will be fixed, you will be able to hide breadcrumbs using following code in your custom CSS theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath {
  display: none;
}
__________________
Maya N., Ecwid Team

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
  #3  
Old 04-09-2014, 12:17 AM
steven ninh's Avatar
steven ninh steven ninh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Default Online Store Tab Doesn't Lead To Same Place Everytime

I am creating a website for my class using Wix and i decided to use ecwid as my store. I noticed that when i click a product on an item in my store, and i click the online store tab again, it remains on the same page. This still happens even if i go to other pages. my website is

stevenninh.wix.com/blueram

For example, if i go to my online store tab and click on the T-shirts, then i click on the home tab, and then i click on the online store tab again, it leads me to the page where i was previously instead of the storefront. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!
  #4  
Old 04-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Maya's Avatar
Maya Maya is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ecwid headquarter
Posts: 5,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven ninh View Post
I am creating a website for my class using Wix and i decided to use ecwid as my store. I noticed that when i click a product on an item in my store, and i click the online store tab again, it remains on the same page. This still happens even if i go to other pages. my website is

stevenninh.wix.com/blueram

For example, if i go to my online store tab and click on the T-shirts, then i click on the home tab, and then i click on the online store tab again, it leads me to the page where i was previously instead of the storefront. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!
Hello,

Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27082#2
__________________
Maya N., Ecwid Team

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
  #5  
Old 06-16-2014, 09:49 PM
ASG222's Avatar
ASG222 ASG222 is offline
Webpartner
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Question Any update available on this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that our Wix app has problems with external links loading inside main iframe element. That is why, root category of Ecwid store is not loaded when you click on "Store" link in the menu. We have contacted with Wix support team regarding this problem and they are working on the solution in this very moment.

I will inform you when it is fixed. And thank you for your patience.
Is there an update on this issue with Wix? It still seems to be an issue in Wix...

/Chris

Last edited by Chris197; 06-16-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Add Topic title
  #6  
Old 07-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Viktor D.'s Avatar
Viktor D. Viktor D. is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris197 View Post
Is there an update on this issue with Wix? It still seems to be an issue in Wix...

/Chris
Thank you very much for the messages.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for this situation.

We still have issue with external links within the Wix iframe.

Our Dev team is still working on the fix in cooperation with Wix specialists.

I'll keep you informed and immediately let you know about any progress.

Thank you very much for your patience.
  #7  
Old 01-13-2015, 04:55 AM
hiba aryan's Avatar
hiba aryan hiba aryan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Default

I have 2 Ecwid accounts which 1 is linked with WIX.

In the Ecwid account self i have buttons for each catagorie. Is it possible in WIX do the same? To separate each category from my store in each button/page in my main menu
  #8  
Old 01-14-2015, 02:15 PM
Liza P's Avatar
Liza P Liza P is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiba aryan View Post
I have 2 Ecwid accounts which 1 is linked with WIX.

In the Ecwid account self i have buttons for each catagorie. Is it possible in WIX do the same? To separate each category from my store in each button/page in my main menu
Hello,

Our official Wix application can be installed to one Wix page only. However it is totally possible to link your category pages to the links in your site menu. You just need to create your own menu on your Wix site and add the direct links to the categories inside your 'Store' page to the site menu tabs, using the site editor tools. This way your customers will be able to open required categories directly from the menu.

Please refer to this article for instructions on getting the direct links to your categories: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1182184
__________________
Liza P.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.