The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:47 PM

how to not charge tax depending upon is buyer is non-profit

How could i setup a product where if a buyer was a non profit, they wouldn't be charged tax ... and everyone else would be charged tax?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Default how to not charge tax depending upon is buyer is non-profit

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for your post.

If I got it right, you would like to exempt from taxes the non-profit buyers. Yes, it's possible to do, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Ecwid Control Panel and go to My Sales --> Customers.
2. In the opened window you will see the list of your customers.
3. Click on the pencil icon (screenshot).
4. The edit mode will open, where you can move the slider to exempt the taxes from the particular customer (screenshot).

Please note, that in order to use this feature, the customer account must already exist. The customer can create his/her account by pressing the Sign In button in your store. Also, the customer will be asked to create the account/sign in upon placing the order in your store. After that, the customer will appear in My Sales --> Customers tab and you will be able to enable the `Exempt taxes` option for this customer.

That's it. I hope, that the information provided in this post will be useful to you. In case of any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Useful Links:
Old 09-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Hi - i see that requires a business acct.
I only have 1 product with no variables ... so it's only one price. I'd like to accomplish this somehow with keeping within the free version - i'm not planning on adding any other products!

Is there a way to make it with options?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care. My name is Charlie.

There is no real way of making the sales tax exempt for non-profits on the Free plan with options.

You could create an option, that will deduct a certain percentage\amount from the product's price. But in this case everybody will choose that option to pay less.

However, if you'd like to do that, please, follow this passage in the article on managing product options: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...pricemodifiers

Please, don't hesitate to ask further questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.