The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Help me Import ECWID!

Can you please look at the attached spreadsheet and tell me why I keep getting errors when I try to import?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kerusso-Product-Data-All.zip (110.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 05:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for the provided data file. The import tool accepts CSV files only (the one that you attached has xlsx extension) and the data within it needs to be formatted as described here.

I found that the weight field for product with APT14983X SKU had a text value, while it needs to be numeric, so I changed it’s value to 0.

The CSV file in the attachment is properly formatted now and can be used to import the data through Catalog -> Products page with the options shown on the snapshot below:

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 1.44.58 PM.png
Views: 142
Size:  131.6 KB

Note, however, that you currently have a free account with Ecwid which is limited to 10 products and there are over 1000 products in your data file. To have such number of products in your store you have to upgrade your account to Business or Unlimited plan. You can check what other benefits of paid plans you will receive access to after upgrading here.

At last, your file for the import contained Color column. Ecwid does allow to create product options for selection of various options such as colors and sizes and upload them with the import tool, but if a product is sold in just one color it might be a better idea to specify that in the name of the product or it’s description.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Kerusso-Product-Data-All.csv (391.2 KB, 48 views)

help portal

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.