The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:04 AM

Question

SEO - best solution for ECWID in a SquareSpace5 website

Hi,

I'm a new-ish user of ECWID. I've successfully got my store up and running in my SquareSpace5 website.

I really like ECWID (great job guys!) and I also really like SquareSpace5, which I've been using for a few years now.
I have no immediate plans to migrate to SquareSpace6 or to move to another platform, but it seems that SEO is a big problem for my store.

After much browsing, this is what I think I know:

1. I can't run the ajax indexing code on my site as SquareSpace doesn't allow php.
Otherwise, this would have been the best and most elegant solution. What a shame

2. I could create separate pages for each product, but as I already have 680 products and will soon have over 1000, this is too much work.

3. I can bind my mobile catalogue to my sub domain. (I've done this). I understand Google can crawl the mobile page normally without ajax indexing as it's generated by ECWID in HTML. Visitors from the search engine results page could follow a product link to my mobile site which will invite them to view the product in the full site.
However this is a rather inelegant workaround and I would expect a high number of users aborting at this stage without clicking through.

So - except for switching away from SquareSpace, which I'm very reluctant to do - are there any other options available?

Thank you for reading.

Richard

PS - my website is www.pentlandcomponents.com in case you need to know
Old 04-15-2014, 02:02 PM

Thank you very much for choosing Ecwid!

Glad to help you.

Ecwid is a very SEO friendly application, it supports google ajax indexing technology which most part of search engines(including google of course) uses.

We've developed a special SEO plugin and it is available for our customers: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...es/1161241-seo

But, in your situation, if it is not possible to use our PHP SEO module or our Ecwid plugins for CMS like Wordpress or Joomla, the possible solution is to use a standalone website with a copy of your storefront, which could be easily indexed by search engines. I would recommend to use this variant.

More over, please refer to the following section of our SEO article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...seo#FurtherSEO

The way of web page content indexing is not a single way to promote your web site.

Wish all the best for you and your business!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 PM

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your answer.
That's a good possible solution. I could keep my pentlandcomponents.com SquareSpace5 site for all the stuff I have there and create a new Wordpress site for my store - possibly on a subdomain such as shop.pentlandcomponents.com - then I could take advantage of the ECWID plugin for SEO.

Thank you!

Richard
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland Components View Post
Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your answer.
That's a good possible solution. I could keep my pentlandcomponents.com SquareSpace5 site for all the stuff I have there and create a new Wordpress site for my store - possibly on a subdomain such as shop.pentlandcomponents.com - then I could take advantage of the ECWID plugin for SEO.

Thank you!

Richard
Thank you for the update.

We always glad to help you. Just let us know if you'll need any further assistance.

Wish all the best for you and your business.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Thank you Viktor

Funny you should ask - I do have another question - on this thread:

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27333

I'd appreciate any help on this one.

Many thanks,

Richard

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
no php, seo, squarespace, squarespace5