The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM

I am reading this a month after the response above that followed a comment in late February that said it would be ready in a couple of weeks. Surely, if this can be written for a wordpress plugin then some sample code for a normal php site with an embedded category cannot be that hard to produce?

There seems to be countells links to google's pages about pretty urls yet nowhere, within the ecwid page can I find any instruction as to how to enable a page for indexing by search engines unless it is in a cms system.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Bean View Post
I am reading this a month after the response above that followed a comment in late February that said it would be ready in a couple of weeks. Surely, if this can be written for a wordpress plugin then some sample code for a normal php site with an embedded category cannot be that hard to produce?

There seems to be countells links to google's pages about pretty urls yet nowhere, within the ecwid page can I find any instruction as to how to enable a page for indexing by search engines unless it is in a cms system.
Its ready:http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/62638683/...0Ecwid%20store
Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Surprise!! seems this page was edited half an hour ago and after I read it earlier!

Will this work for pages where only a category is used as it seems to refer to the whole cataloge?

Have just read this through and am wondering if this php should be placed on the index page (where I do not have any ecwid inserts) or on each page where I have a category

Very excited about this!!

Last edited by Terry Bean; 04-08-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Quote:
Have just read this through and am wondering if this php should be placed on the index page (where I do not have any ecwid inserts) or on each page where I have a category
The sample code from the article generates an indexable products catalog starting either from the root store category (if the page address does not contain category ID reference in URL) or from the category the page URL refers to.

You can place it on a separate page on your site but please make sure that page is indexable itself (there must be a link to that page in your site navigation) and that Ecwid widgets are installed on that page. For example, you can create a separate 'Store' page, install product browser there (without defaultCategoryId option) and add the PHP codes for AJAX indexing. Or you can use that code on one of the existing pages.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 04-10-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Hi,

Sorry to keep you waiting. The codes that will enable you to integrate AJAX indexing for any PHP site are currently under testing. As soon as it is finished, we will share them along with the simple step-by-step instruction on how to use them. No exact ETA though, sorry.
Sorry, can you clarify your statement? Are you telling the community that the fix you are working on is for any site that is configured with PHP? Does this highly anticipated fix that I am waiting for only available for wordpress, joomla, and any other site built in PHP? I'm confused. For example: I built my site in Adobe Muse, does this fix help me?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Sylvia View Post
Sorry, can you clarify your statement? Are you telling the community that the fix you are working on is for any site that is configured with PHP? Does this highly anticipated fix that I am waiting for only available for wordpress, joomla, and any other site built in PHP? I'm confused. For example: I built my site in Adobe Muse, does this fix help me?
Hi,

The instructions and sample PHP files provided in our knowledge base are available for any site and platform. In particular, the sample PHP code has been recently added to this our article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/62638683/...0Ecwid%20store

If you need help with implementing that approach to your site, please create a new thread on our forums and post your questions there. Please provide more details on where you try to install it and what errors/troubles you face - we will be glad to help.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Default Ecwid widgets integration ?

Looking at step 3. What is the ecwid widgets integration?
Sorry- not sure what you are talking about here. Is it the page where I put the main store code? or is it any page I have put a ecwid category or code on? or Is it in the ecwid plug in editor? or is in my ecwid back end somewhere? Where exactly do I find it?

Anxious to clear up escaped fragments and duplicate titles it has gone on long enough.
Sorry to ask stupid questions, but I am not a programmer- and sort of disappointed seo does not work out of the box without coding
Old 04-10-2013, 07:15 PM

Default little bit of help

Good afternoon,
I tried implementing the steps outlined in the article.
I keep getting an error messege in the line
that that has the include_once in it.
I have changed it to
include_once "%https:www.thetichelshop.com%/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php";
Is there a mistake that I am making?
Thanks for the script and any help.
Bentzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Hi,

The instructions and sample PHP files provided in our knowledge base are available for any site and platform. In particular, the sample PHP code has been recently added to this our article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/62638683/...0Ecwid%20store

If you need help with implementing that approach to your site, please create a new thread on our forums and post your questions there. Please provide more details on where you try to install it and what errors/troubles you face - we will be glad to help.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM

Yes, there is a mistake. The include_once instruction takes the path to the file in the filesystem, not the URL of that file on your site. Please, consult your hosting support as to which exactly path should be used to point exactly to the given file.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
the tichel shop (04-10-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM

I will do that. Thanks for the quick response.
bentzi

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ajax, categories, escaped fragments, indexing, pretty url, seo, ugly url